Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

TOC & TOD on map view

Author
w
Too Much Forum (488 reputation)Too Much Forum (488 reputation)Too Much Forum (488 reputation)Too Much Forum (488 reputation)Too Much Forum (488 reputation)Too Much Forum (488 reputation)Too Much Forum (488 reputation)Too Much Forum (488 reputation)Too Much Forum (488 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

As far as I can work out the Top of Climb and Top of Descent points only show in the virtual radar. If correct, could I ask that they are added to the map view too please? I rarely look at the virtual radar in flight. Great for planning, but not navigating for me. I also use the iPad mini, so an option to turn off the virtual radar when flying and maximise the map would also be nice.

Many thanks,
George

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
It sounds like a better idea would be to actually use Virtual Radar. It's an incredibly powerful feature and we don't have plans to optimise the SkyDemon experience for people who decide they don't want it. It's a core part of SkyDemon. If lots of people want those labels annotated on the main map route view we'd consider it, but I don't think it's a common request I'm afraid.
ArnaudC
A
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
wyullg - 7/28/2018 7:47:03 PM
the Top of Climb and Top of Descent points only show in the virtual radar. If correct, could I ask that they are added to the map view too please?

A double tap on the virtual radar highlights that location on the map and vice versa. Works for all points, tops and otherwise.

wyullg - 7/28/2018 7:47:03 PM
I rarely look at the virtual radar in flight. Great for planning, but not navigating for me.
I'm on Team Tim on this one, the virtual radar is very useful in flight. I dislike using other nav apps that don't have horizontal+vertical views at the same time. I also use an iPad Mini 4 and I find there is enough space for both views.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search