Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Flight Log Analysis - Position and Groundspeed

Author
SeanKx
Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
When a log is opened for analysis and the mouse is hovered over the recorded track line in virtual radar it will show altitude, speed and elapsed time.
Is it possible to do this on the track log on the map itself rather than getting the pop up airspace information? Even better if an indicator dot appeared on the map corresponding with the mouse hover in virtual radar.

Sean Kx
Samsung SM-T713, Lineage Operating System
Android 10
Skydemon latest version always

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Yes, drag the little aircraft in the virtual radar and one will appear on the main map too, showing you the recorded statistics at the position.
SeanKx
SeanKx
Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 7/10/2018 10:45:12 AM
Yes, drag the little aircraft in the virtual radar and one will appear on the main map too, showing you the recorded statistics at the position.

Brilliant! Thanks Tim. I discovered a double click on the virtual radar track gave a position cross inside a circle but this is what I was after.
Is is possible to get the same information into the Google Earth track?

Sean Kx
Android 10

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
I don't think so, as it would entail adding annotations every 5 seconds which would fill the screen.
SeanKx
SeanKx
Tim Dawson - 7/11/2018 11:11:48 AM
I don't think so, as it would entail adding annotations every 5 seconds which would fill the screen.

Hi again Tim,

I've actually loaded a gpx file from my latest flight into Google Earth and with the 5 second annotations loaded. Zoomed in I can click on each each arrow I can get an altitude and more importantly a ground speed. I'm comparing it with cockpit video with my ASI to establish error margins. 
The information from the gpx file is showing as in metres and km/h. Does Skydemon use this by default in the background and convert to feet, knots etc for users to see?

Edited to say I have changed Google Earth settings and reloaded the file which now shows each annotation info in feet and mph. Google Earth doesn't do knots as far as I can see!

Sean Kx
Android 10

Edited 7/12/2018 8:31:01 AM by SeanKx
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Ok, it seems that Google Earth is able to natively load .gpx files for inspection, which is great. GPX uses metres per second as its native speed units, I believe.
SeanKx
SeanKx
Tim Dawson - 7/12/2018 11:51:56 AM
Ok, it seems that Google Earth is able to natively load .gpx files for inspection, which is great. GPX uses metres per second as its native speed units, I believe.

A screenshot

Sean Kx
Android 10

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login