Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Folders in Cloud?

Author
R
Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Tim and the whole SD-Team,

did you ever think of that users could organize routes and logs in folders within the cloud, iOS and Android? In my opinion it would be a good feature.

Thanks for thinking about,
Renzo‌‌‌‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)
For the time being we prefer to keep the cloud storage facility simple.
T67M
T67M
Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)
I would second a call for some means of managing the cloud storage. With recent versions of SkyDemon, it is impossible to have "current" routes on the device and "historic" routes archived on the cloud. This has mademade manage of routes much, MUCH harder than it should be, in my opinion.
derWessi
derWessi
Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)
I also would like to have back more control about the cloud storage. I totally understand that you guys want to make the cloud facility as simple as possible for us but in my opinion the current implementation is more confusing than it used to be in the past.
‌ F‌or example it's not possible anymore to modify a cloud-stored route (that have been created on another device) and than save the modified route back to the cloud without also storing the route on the local (editing) device.
‌ At least I'd wish to have an indication if a route is already in syncy with the cloud or just locally stored. Having folders would also be highly appreciated for better organisation of stored routes.
Regards,
Andreas‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)
Andreas, when you use the Open window, it does tell you whether each file is Cloud, Local or both.
derWessi
derWessi
Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/23/2018 2:07:27 PM
Andreas, when you use the Open window, it does tell you whether each file is Cloud, Local or both.

Ah ok yes you are right. Missed that. Sorry!
‌But altering a route on my mobile and saving back to cloud without saving locally is not possible, or?

Regards,
Andreas‌‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
When you do a normal save, it does save to both locations.
Renzo
R
Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/21/2018 11:26:57 AM
For the time being we prefer to keep the cloud storage facility simple.

Tim, what if I ask  - instead of a folder-structure - for a "search"-field where I could enter keywords for routes I´d like to load? That wouldn´t make the storage facility more complicated. IMHO. :-) What do you think about that?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
We do like the idea of a search function.
T67M
T67M
Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)
A search function could work, but it would need to be designed carefully to be as easy to use as a folder structure, or even the old "cloud and local" model. For example, it used to take just one tap to switch between my half-dozen favourite routes (or to select one of them) and my complete set of 100+ routes (with a further swipe-and-tap to select one of them).

I‌f you can't/won't give us the folders we're asking for, how about a "tap to star" function which we can apply to flag our favourite routes so that these automatically appear at the top of the (now incredibly long) list?‌
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search