Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Overlapping airway labels and charts

Author
A
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
1. In airways mode, sometimes there is 2 airways between the same 2 points but at different altitudes for opposite direction. The airway label and altitudes are both drawn at the halfway distance between the points, and hence they overlap and one can't make which altitude belongs to which airway/direction.
E‌xample: Between TIGPI and IDARO‌ (I have seen it in other places but forgot to write them down)
-‌> would it be possible to offset the labels and altitudes so they are not displayed on top of each other?

2‌. ‌I can't seem to get french AIP IFR charts, neither in the PC nor in the iThings. All other countries I tried work. Said charts are readily available on the SIA website, or in a very practical app, but I miss having all in one place like for the other countries. Is there a fix in sight or there is a another reason for the situation?

3.‌ Some airport charts and procedures (IFR and VFR) are specific for Helicopters. I like my wings firmly attached to the fuselage, would it be possible to have a switch to filter them out?

4. ‌Any hope to get Jeppesen IFR plates and procedures in SkyDemon?

T‌hat's it for today. Thank you.‌
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
1. We'll take this into consideration when planning for potential future map labelling enhancements.
2‌. The French hide the IFR charts inside the Textual Information document. This is nonstandard, and not compliant with their ICAO obligations, and they're well aware of this. We have been pushing them from various fronts to improve their delivery of such charts. Feel free to contact them yourself as the more the merrier.
3‌. Such documents are not tagged with any special flag stating they're for helicopters, so filtering them out isn't really practical I'm afraid.
4‌. No, sorry, we are completely independent from that company and prefer it that way.
ArnaudC
A
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
1. Ok, thanks.

‌2. If I manually browse to AD2 of the french eAIP, the plates are stored as independent pdf. For example:
https://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/dvd/eAIP_26_APR_2018/FRANCE/AIRAC-2018-04-26/html/eAIP/Cartes/IAC/LFJY/AD 2 LFJY IAC RWY23 GNSS A.pdf‌‌
This looks practical but maybe it only works when clicking with a mouse and hard to automate.
‌I will try on their end.

3. I suspected this much. I can live with it.

‌4‌. I cer‌tainly was not suggesting breaking that independence. What I meant was "to get Jeppesen IFR plates and procedures *accessible from within* SkyDemon". Subscription and etc still with them. Essentially something similar to GP and FF.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
2. The SIA provide charts directly on their own website in a much more accessible way than they provide them to everybody else. This is currently subject to much inspection, as I hinted above, and hopefully will change.
4‌. Perhaps I did not make myself clear enough. What you are suggesting would require a LOT of cooperation between us and that company. That work is not on our roadmap, sorry.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search