SkyDemon Forums

Overlapping airway labels and charts

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic25964.aspx

By ArnaudC - 5/8/2018 9:00:56 AM

1. In airways mode, sometimes there is 2 airways between the same 2 points but at different altitudes for opposite direction. The airway label and altitudes are both drawn at the halfway distance between the points, and hence they overlap and one can't make which altitude belongs to which airway/direction.
E‌xample: Between TIGPI and IDARO‌ (I have seen it in other places but forgot to write them down)
-‌> would it be possible to offset the labels and altitudes so they are not displayed on top of each other?

2‌. ‌I can't seem to get french AIP IFR charts, neither in the PC nor in the iThings. All other countries I tried work. Said charts are readily available on the SIA website, or in a very practical app, but I miss having all in one place like for the other countries. Is there a fix in sight or there is a another reason for the situation?

3.‌ Some airport charts and procedures (IFR and VFR) are specific for Helicopters. I like my wings firmly attached to the fuselage, would it be possible to have a switch to filter them out?

4. ‌Any hope to get Jeppesen IFR plates and procedures in SkyDemon?

T‌hat's it for today. Thank you.‌
By Tim Dawson - 5/15/2018 1:27:13 PM

2. The SIA provide charts directly on their own website in a much more accessible way than they provide them to everybody else. This is currently subject to much inspection, as I hinted above, and hopefully will change.
4‌. Perhaps I did not make myself clear enough. What you are suggesting would require a LOT of cooperation between us and that company. That work is not on our roadmap, sorry.