Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

airspace D text missing on printed chart

Author
derWessi
Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,
two weeks ago I planned a trip from EDCJ to EDCY. I planned the route‌ parallel to the airspace  D of Dresden airport (EDDC).
When I was looking at the printed chart, I discovered that the label with the height information‌ for EDDC airspace D was missing. Instead only the airspace E information was depicted. (See  attached picture)
‌I did some tests on android and it seems that the appearance of the airspace D label depends on whether the map section contains the label of the nearby airport EDAK or not.
It seems that showing the airport label has a higher priority than printing the airspace data. ‌At least in this case I think that's a bad prioritization, esp since the label for airspace E suggests that all relevant information for the airspace is given.
I suggest to give the airspace label at least the same priority as the airport label and if necessary print them overlayed.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
It's possible the label is off the bottom of the screen. In all charts, whether carographically put together or labelled automatically by a vector charting engine, there's the possibility a label will be offscreen or hidden by another label which has been placed first. You could always turn off class E airspace.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search