Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Switzerland MIL ON OFF

Author
aircraft72
Too Much Forum (109 reputation)Too Much Forum (109 reputation)Too Much Forum (109 reputation)Too Much Forum (109 reputation)Too Much Forum (109 reputation)Too Much Forum (109 reputation)Too Much Forum (109 reputation)Too Much Forum (109 reputation)Too Much Forum (109 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there. I have a question. I used Skydemon last weekend for a VFR Flight in the Swiss Alps. Everything worked perfect. You have relay done a great Job for Switzerland.  The only "issue" i had was that i got Airspace "C" Warnings above FL130. Skydemon did not recongnize that during MIL OFF Airspace C is going up to FL150. Its actually just about warnings. I am aware of the rule so i can easy click them away. However i was wondering if you will be able to adjust this or if there is a setting i can use?
‌Another thing i saw is that the green line for Showing Nord of the Alps  or South of the Alps from the ICAO Map is not shown in Sky Demon. This line is defining FL's during MIL ON-OFF and Weekends.
Thanks to let me know.‌‌
BearLS
BearLS
Too Much Forum (343 reputation)Too Much Forum (343 reputation)Too Much Forum (343 reputation)Too Much Forum (343 reputation)Too Much Forum (343 reputation)Too Much Forum (343 reputation)Too Much Forum (343 reputation)Too Much Forum (343 reputation)Too Much Forum (343 reputation)
aircraft72 - 4/25/2018 9:22:50 AM
Hi there. I have a question. I used Skydemon last weekend for a VFR Flight in the Swiss Alps. Everything worked perfect. You have relay done a great Job for Switzerland.  The only "issue" i had was that i got Airspace "C" Warnings above FL130. Skydemon did not recongnize that during MIL OFF Airspace C is going up to FL150. Its actually just about warnings. I am aware of the rule so i can easy click them away. However i was wondering if you will be able to adjust this or if there is a setting i can use?
‌Another thing i saw is that the green line for Showing Nord of the Alps  or South of the Alps from the ICAO Map is not shown in Sky Demon. This line is defining FL's during MIL ON-OFF and Weekends.
Thanks to let me know.‌‌

That reminds me on the discussion about the transit routes of Geneva and Bern. Could you find the coordinates which describe the separation line somewhere? I did not.
It is the same thing w‌ith the separation line between CTA Zurich and CTA Geneva. Skyguide should know how they draw the lines.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
There isn't a setting for things like this. Our charts show airspace as it's defined by the authorities, and if it's sometimes one level and sometimes another, we will show the more restrictive of course for safety. If you happen to know that under certain situations the level changes, you must use that knowledge yourself but it would be impossible to code that knowledge into SkyDemon in a way that didn't over-complicate the user interface and prove confusing under many situations.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search