Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Airport NOTAM

Author
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I admit I didn't pay attention to this in the past but I got bitten last weekend.

I filed a flightplan to depart from my home airport and got a briefing. Notams I checked on Skydemon because of convenience. I went to the NOTAM tab and checked there. Nothing. That's good, so I jumped into the car and drove to the airport. It's a 40 minute drive and when I got there I noticed that the pre was some kind of public show going on during which the airposrt was closed.

Unbelieving I rechecked the NOTAM tab -- still nothing. Following a suspicion I brought up airport information and indeed foind another NOTAM tab there. Lo and behold, the airport closure was announced there -- and only there.

And that's my point of criticism: I expect to find ALL notams under the NOTAM tab. After all, the tab says NOTAMS (and not "SOME NOTAMS"). I appreciate that airport specific notams are grouped under thei airport they pertain to. However, they should still be listed under the general NOTAM tab.

What do other people think?

-- Chris.
PaulSS
P
Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)
I have to say that I agree with your thinking. If you've filed a flight plan/planned a route then SD knows where you're starting and where you're going afterwards. I would expect a briefing to include the whole route (that includes start, finish and any alternate selected) and a briefing should, of course, contain all the NOTAMs.

‌It is absolutely my intention to use SD as my navigation software but, at the moment, I am not using it in the Colonies. I say this because I have no working knowledge of the system but, Chris, is there anywhere that you can set the content of your briefings? It'll be pretty embarrassing if in two minutes Tim comes along and says you should have ticked a certain box for beginning, middle and end NOTAMs and you'd only done middle :-)

Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Chris,

I‌ always get all relevant NOTAMs for my planned route‌ when I select the NOTAM tab (Android on Samsung S3).
I‌ just checked for a route I have planned  and NOTAMs are grouped in "Warnings", "Enroute" and "Landing" order.
T‌ony
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
SkyDemon displays all NOTAM from your takeoff and landing airfield in the NOTAM tab. The NOTAM tab is your complete briefing for your route.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search