SkyDemon Forums

Airport NOTAM

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic25865.aspx

By ckurz7000 - 4/24/2018 9:39:53 AM

I admit I didn't pay attention to this in the past but I got bitten last weekend.

I filed a flightplan to depart from my home airport and got a briefing. Notams I checked on Skydemon because of convenience. I went to the NOTAM tab and checked there. Nothing. That's good, so I jumped into the car and drove to the airport. It's a 40 minute drive and when I got there I noticed that the pre was some kind of public show going on during which the airposrt was closed.

Unbelieving I rechecked the NOTAM tab -- still nothing. Following a suspicion I brought up airport information and indeed foind another NOTAM tab there. Lo and behold, the airport closure was announced there -- and only there.

And that's my point of criticism: I expect to find ALL notams under the NOTAM tab. After all, the tab says NOTAMS (and not "SOME NOTAMS"). I appreciate that airport specific notams are grouped under thei airport they pertain to. However, they should still be listed under the general NOTAM tab.

What do other people think?

-- Chris.
By Tim Dawson - 4/30/2018 9:31:41 AM

SkyDemon displays all NOTAM from your takeoff and landing airfield in the NOTAM tab. The NOTAM tab is your complete briefing for your route.