Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SD starts a new flight plan when a GPS signal is re-captured

Author
p
Too Much Forum (778 reputation)Too Much Forum (778 reputation)Too Much Forum (778 reputation)Too Much Forum (778 reputation)Too Much Forum (778 reputation)Too Much Forum (778 reputation)Too Much Forum (778 reputation)Too Much Forum (778 reputation)Too Much Forum (778 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
When SD lost GPS signal and eventually re-gains the signal, it seems to issue a new flightplan from the poitn where the GPS signal was re-established. is there a way to get SD to continue to log on the existing flightplan - even if a few minutes of flights may be missing.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
I assume that when you say flightplan, you mean flight log.

After enough time h‌as elapsed without a GPS signal, SkyDemon eventually decides you've stopped flying and various functions cease at that point. Logging is one of them. If you're having lapses in GPS signal of that length, SkyDemon's behaviour isn't really your problem‌, but we do allow you to stitch together such broken logs with the Merge functionality.
pmkarlss
p
Too Much Forum (778 reputation)Too Much Forum (778 reputation)Too Much Forum (778 reputation)Too Much Forum (778 reputation)Too Much Forum (778 reputation)Too Much Forum (778 reputation)Too Much Forum (778 reputation)Too Much Forum (778 reputation)Too Much Forum (778 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 4/11/2018 4:13:55 PM
I assume that when you say flightplan, you mean flight log.

After enough time h‌as elapsed without a GPS signal, SkyDemon eventually decides you've stopped flying and various functions cease at that point. Logging is one of them. If you're having lapses in GPS signal of that length, SkyDemon's behaviour isn't really your problem‌, but we do allow you to stitch together such broken logs with the Merge functionality.

Yes, I meant the fligh-log. What I would wish for is that when the logging resumes it would continue to build on the existing flight-log rather than starting a new flight-log. Merge is as far as I can tell an option to merge two flight-logs after both are completed.

T67M
T67M
Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 4/11/2018 4:13:55 PM
If you're having lapses in GPS signal of that length, SkyDemon's behaviour isn't really your problem‌, but we do allow you to stitch together such broken logs with the Merge functionality.

Breaks in GNSS coverage can happen for lots of reasons - usually being upside down in my case, but also sometimes sud to flying north when the aircraft structure blocks the sky view southbound with poor satellite geometry. This occurs less often now that I use a device with GLONASS support as well as GPS, which is fortunate as the loss is often accompanied by a full-screen "cannot connect to the SkyDemon servers" error message which is somewhat distracting.

The‌ merge logs function is definitely useful but it doesn't completely fix the original problem as it refuses to merge some logs together, stating that the gap is too long. Surely that should be for me to decide, not the software? I‌ have to admit that‌ I also don't quite understand why SkyDemon insists on making me press a button marked "go flying" if it is then going to second-guess whether I really am flying!

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
If you're seeing a connectivity problem window why you're flying, I suggest you turn off SkyDemon's attemps to connect to the internet. By default it's off, so presumably someone has turned it on for you. Look at Internet Connectivity under the Setup menu.

"Go Flying" is shorter than "Enter Navigation Mode".‌‌
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search