Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Aircraft and user waypoint cloud syncing

Author
P
Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Please can the aircraft definitions and user waypoints be synchronised to the cloud automatically like routes now are.
It's a bit ann‌‌oying when changing the configuration of an aircraft or adding a new waypoint to them have to remember to manually sync back to the cloud and reload so it's then available on other devices, and without wiping out other changes that may have been made on those devices (without syncing yet).
Thank you.‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
If we synced automatically, that very much increases the rick of silently wiping changes made on other devices, given how frequency an internet connection comes and goes on the various devices you may be using.
Paul Buckley
P
Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 1/30/2018 12:33:45 PM
If we synced automatically, that very much increases the rick of silently wiping changes made on other devices, given how frequency an internet connection comes and goes on the various devices you may be using.

many apps do that these days, some use cloud services like dropbox, so it's possible without losing data. then if there is a conflict (e.g. same aircraft is edited on 2 devices without syncing, then both are saved with the conflict highlighted, but this will be rare I expect. I'd also add the route syncing works well!

it would be nice also if the NOTAMs hidden‌ on one device were automatically hidden on the others too!

Edited 2/7/2018 8:12:43 PM by Paul Buckley
Paul Buckley
P
just as another example, I have just pulled up a route on my PC which I originally created on my iPad. It's using a particular aircraft and I am told the aircraft definition is different to that in my library but I have no way of knowing which is the latest version, what the changes are, whether it's best to go with the PC, iPad or Cloud version. I do improve the definitions of the aircraft I fly from time to time, different power settings, W&B etc, and would like these to be easily available across all devices without having to essentially do the sync manually, and remember to do it, which I obviously did not do this time! thank you

Edited 2/21/2018 5:35:36 PM by Paul Buckley
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search