Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Another plea for bringing something back!

Author
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I can understand that the new option to save routes automatically to the Cloud is a welcome feature for many users.

‌‌I'm dispppointed that switching off the option completely removes the ability to save routes to the cloud at all. Opening them from the cloud is possible, as they are displayed on the combined view, but saving them is not possible.

‌‌Somehow the implementation feels half finished. I've discussed this with a couple of other user pals, and they, like me, like to separate locally saved routes from a 'master' in the cloud, and regard the current state as a backward step. (It also reinforces my requirement for folders, now that I have even more routes to scan through when wanting to open one!)

‌Another little featurette is that on the iPad, sometimes the 'Open' option only displays a very short pop up which only contains a few routes - it's as if it thinks a keyboard is being displayed, although I haven't isolated the exact circumstances under which it happens.

Pete
Pete
Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)
Without meaning to be critical of SD, I now find that I do not like many of the "improvements" foisted upon us.
‌T‌he item mentioned above, the automatic download of Hi-res terrain,the change to the tabs mentioned elsewhere and the "whats here"graphical representation to mention a few.

‌Maybe I'm in the minority, but I now just use the latest version with which I'm happy, Android 3.8.4 and PC 3.7.1. This should not be a problem for SD, I'm more than happy to pay my sub. for a product which I think is brilliant.
‌However I do find it bizarre that whilst the previous incarnations are available for Android, they are not available for PC, requiring me to salvage files from an earlier version on my laptop after an update that I didn't like. :-(      ....as customer support were not supportive in this instance, with the implication "we know better!"

‌S‌o please can we have previous PC versions available for customers who don't think your "improvements" are necessarily  improvements?
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
How do I edit my post above? Is it possible?
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Pete, automatic download of high-res terrain is an opt-in feature, disabled by default. 99% of our users will never use it.

O‌ur customer support does make previous PC versions available I believe, but the demand isn't exactly strong.

Pete
Pete
Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 1/15/2018 11:19:01 AM
Pete, automatic download of high-res terrain is an opt-in feature, disabled by default. 99% of our users will never use it.

O‌ur customer support does make previous PC versions available I believe, but the demand isn't exactly strong.

Hi Tim, yes, re high res terrain, I liked the option of downloading the bits I wanted, rather than downloading everywhere I thought about going automatically. .........‌So I didn't see the "All or nothing" approach as an improvement.
T‌hank you for making 3.7.1. available to me :-))

Pete
Pete
grahamb - 1/15/2018 8:09:14 AM
How do I edit my post above? Is it possible?

Should be an edit button on the right hand side next to bin, however it doesn't seem to appear on my android device(maybe the orientation would make a diff.).....But it does appear on my desktop PC.

Edited 1/16/2018 1:54:05 PM by Pete
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search