SkyDemon
Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Listening alerts via headset

Listening alerts via headset

Author
Too Much Forum
Too Much Forum (53 reputation)Too Much Forum (53 reputation)Too Much Forum (53 reputation)Too Much Forum (53 reputation)Too Much Forum (53 reputation)Too Much Forum (53 reputation)Too Much Forum (53 reputation)Too Much Forum (53 reputation)Too Much Forum (53 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Is it possible hearing the warning sounds via a headset in a Samsung S2 tablet? I have set in the tablet as necessary to listen the sound coming from other apps that allow me to listen the audio, but I can not do the same with SkyDemon. The alert sounds continue to come from the tablet's speakers...
Is it possible or it is a feature not provided by SkyDemon?
‌Thanks a lot in advance.
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum
Too Much Forum (25K reputation)Too Much Forum (25K reputation)Too Much Forum (25K reputation)Too Much Forum (25K reputation)Too Much Forum (25K reputation)Too Much Forum (25K reputation)Too Much Forum (25K reputation)Too Much Forum (25K reputation)Too Much Forum (25K reputation)

mauro - 12/30/2017 7:01:09 PM
Is it possible hearing the warning sounds via a headset in a Samsung S2 tablet? I have set in the tablet as necessary to listen the sound coming from other apps that allow me to listen the audio, but I can not do the same with SkyDemon. The alert sounds continue to come from the tablet's speakers...

You need to have a Bluetooth enabled headset paired with your tablet and then you will receive SD audio alerts in your headset.

Mike
‌_________________________________________
Nexus 7 (2013) – Android 6.0.1 & SD 3.9.2.22012
PC – Win XP (Home Ed), SP3 & SD 3.9.2.0

TimT
Forum Member
Forum Member (40 reputation)Forum Member (40 reputation)Forum Member (40 reputation)Forum Member (40 reputation)Forum Member (40 reputation)Forum Member (40 reputation)Forum Member (40 reputation)Forum Member (40 reputation)Forum Member (40 reputation)

Sky Painter - 12/31/2017 8:32:48 AM
mauro - 12/30/2017 7:01:09 PM

You need to have a Bluetooth enabled headset paired with your tablet and then you will receive SD audio alerts in your headset.

It doesn't work this way with my Bose A20 headset (bought in 2015). My Bose via Bluetooth only connects to the phone app. On my Bose A20 I have to use a 3.5mm jack audio cable to connect the iPad audio out (headphone socket) to the Aux input on the Bose A20 headset controller.

‌I have tried this set-up at my desk, and it works (with all audio sources on the iPad, not limited to SkyDemon). However, I am not sure if the volume (SPL) can be set high enough to be audible during flight. I will test this and report hack here. The volume is controlled only by the volume settings on the iPad, not by the volume controls on the headset control module (and of course not by the Bluetooth volume control on the headset control module, nor by the aircraft intercom settings).

‌Interestingly, the headset has to be ON for the aux source to be audible (whereas the mike and the intercom can be used even if the headset is OFF, e.g., in case of flat battery, of course without ANR feature).

‌‌It is indeed a cool feature to get the dynamic SD airspace warning into the headset. And it will be even more critical with the upcoming ADS-B based traffic avoidance functionality. ‌I understand that the current Mk2 version of the Bose A20 headset allows to connect to a second audio source via Bluetooth. Maybe some members can share their experience. I also understand that I can upgrade to the Mk2 Bose A20 simply by replacing the headset control module with the latest version - the headset itself is unchanged.

GO
Merge Selected
Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Username:

Password:

Select a Forum....

SkyDemon Forums