Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Please bring back Flight Details tab

Author
A
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I quite liked the flight details tab.

I‌'m in the process of figuring out if I want to buy an airplane, and trying to reduce the shortlist‌, or keep renting but maybe more types.
‌A‌ lot of plans are of the type "Next time I want to go there, can I do it in plane A/B/C? in 1/2/3 legs? How much fuel? what cost?..."
So I have a bunch of aircraft profiles, and keep switching. ‌The flight details tab was very practical for this.
An irritating part is that the PC version is unchanged with the flight details at the bottom right, apparently my brain cannot handle 2 workflows.

rafale52 - 1/3/2018 5:26:48 PM
I just saw this on the skydemon page, thanks :-) 

http://www.skydemon.aero/plan/versionhistory.aspx?highlight=3.8.5‌‌

Let's give it the benefit of the doubt and try.

‌‌
plume_tray
plume_tray
Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)
v3.9.1 (iOS) does indeed resolve the problem, by providing one-touch access (shortcut) on the distance/time bubble at the top of the screen.

‌W&B menu navigation (back button) is now consistent too. Which is also a much appreciated fix.

‌Thank you to Tim and the SD team for listening to the feedback.

‌P.S Any chance of adding a Close button on the top right corner of the W&B menu? On the iPad you can just touch the map to exit the menu, but on iPhone the menu covers the entire screen. Sometimes, we need to make quick last minute alterations to W&B for multiple sectors and this would be another handy shortcut.

‌Edit: Is there a way to edit the title of this thread to mark it as RESOLVED?
Tags
Edited 1/26/2018 3:41:04 PM by plume_tray
derWessi
derWessi
Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)
I think you found a good solution. Just one question: I'm missing the landing time in the current implementation (android). Would it be possible to write it underneath the start time (if set)?
‌Thanks again,
Andreas‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
We've had a couple of such reports from users with certain Android devices, but haven't managed to reproduce it ourselves yet. Screenshots would help, along with a description of the device and its physical size.
derWessi
derWessi
Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 1/29/2018 12:00:45 PM
We've had a couple of such reports from users with certain Android devices, but haven't managed to reproduce it ourselves yet. Screenshots would help, along with a description of the device and its physical size.

Sony SGP611 Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact (8", 1200 x 1920 px)
‌Loks the  same on my honor 8 (5,2", 1920 x 1080 px)

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Oh, sorry, I misread your previous post. We are trying to keep that screen concise but you'll find landing time in the PLOG which is of course one touch away.
rg
rg
Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)
Would be better on this screen
derWessi
derWessi
Tim Dawson - 1/30/2018 12:32:30 PM
Oh, sorry, I misread your previous post. We are trying to keep that screen concise but you'll find landing time in the PLOG which is of course one touch away.

I think it would make perfect sense to have the landing time also on that screen. This way the user can play with different altitudes or power settings and would see the impact on the landing time / duration of flight instantly.

ArnaudC
A
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
I concur with the previous posters, I quite like the new layout as well.
‌Good job.
Air
A
Too Much Forum (90 reputation)Too Much Forum (90 reputation)Too Much Forum (90 reputation)Too Much Forum (90 reputation)Too Much Forum (90 reputation)Too Much Forum (90 reputation)Too Much Forum (90 reputation)Too Much Forum (90 reputation)Too Much Forum (90 reputation)
It was better with the flight details tab. Removing the tab was a step backwards.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search