Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Airspace

Author
Martin Bech
Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Where do I find the actual airspace when flying?
ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)
That's actually a great idea: just draw a heavy line at your current altitude across the vertical airspace depiction to show where you're currently at.

-- Chris.‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)
I don't really understand the question.

Virtual Radar gives a perfect picture of your aircraft and its trajectory compared to the airspace ahead of you.‌
ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 11/27/2017 12:51:54 PM
I don't really understand the question.

Virtual Radar gives a perfect picture of your aircraft and its trajectory compared to the airspace ahead of you.‌

Yes, that's one source of information.

But w‌‌hen you do a "What's Here?" on the map you get a popup showing the vertical airspace structure. It would be a perfect augmentation of information to depect current elevation here as well. The benefit is that you don't have to look at another place and that you can get that information with respect to a point that's off route and hence not on the virtual radar. From a GUI point of view a definite win.

-- Chris.‌‌

Martin Bech
Martin Bech
Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)
On the what’s here I would like to see what airspace A,B,C,D,E,F,G there is at a given point.
Gerhard66
G
Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)
Hi Chris,
the elevation is displayed on bottom of the stacked vertical airspace display.
In Martin's screenshot it's 256 ft.
Gerhard

ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Gerhard66 - 11/27/2017 7:51:53 PM
Hi Chris, the elevation is displayed on bottom of the stacked vertical airspace display. In Martin's screenshot it's 256 ft.Gerhard

I was actually talking about my own altitude at which I am flying. When I do a "What's Here" on the map I would like to see my own altitude in relation to those of the airspace structure. This could, e.g., be as simple as a fat line at my altitude shown in the altitude deption on the "What's Here" pop-up window. Additionally, I would also emphasize the airspace (if any) I am flying in currently.

Here is‌ a crude rendition of what I have in mind:
‌‌

Tim's argument was that this (and more) is already provided by Virtual Radar. However, you only see stuff along your route in that window. With the "What's Here" I can do that for any off-route point as well. Also, it is a different way to present the information which is always helpful.

-- Chris.‌‌

Edited 11/28/2017 9:33:25 AM by ckurz7000
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)
I do agree it would be a nice little enhancement.

Martin, that's exactly the point of the What's Here menu and is what it already does. What have I missed? ‌‌
Martin Bech
Martin Bech
Tim, maybe I am missing something, but the question is what airspace the green and the white elevation represents on my picture. The What’s here is super great and with the little nice enhancement even better.
TimT
TimT
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
ckurz7000 - 11/28/2017 9:33:25 AM
Gerhard66 - 11/27/2017 7:51:53 PM
Hi Chris, the elevation is displayed on bottom of the stacked vertical airspace display. In Martin's screenshot it's 256 ft.Gerhard

I was actually talking about my own altitude at which I am flying. When I do a "What's Here" on the map I would like to see my own altitude in relation to those of the airspace structure. This could, e.g., be as simple as a fat line at my altitude shown in the altitude deption on the "What's Here" pop-up window. Additionally, I would also emphasize the airspace (if any) I am flying in currently.

Here is‌ a crude rendition of what I have in mind:
‌‌

Tim's argument was that this (and more) is already provided by Virtual Radar. However, you only see stuff along your route in that window. With the "What's Here" I can do that for any off-route point as well. Also, it is a different way to present the information which is always helpful.

-- Chris.‌‌

Tim Dawson is right. The virtual radar shows you where you are within the vertically stacked airspace layers.

‌"What's Here" on the other hand shows you what's there, for any location. In particular, 'any location' is in all generality not your current location. It would be misleading to mark your current ALT (at a difference location) on the "What's Here" pop-up, because the only thing that is not here, is you.

Edited 2/18/2018 4:48:09 PM by TimT
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search