SkyDemon Forums

Airspace

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic24881.aspx

By Martin Bech - 11/24/2017 8:28:11 PM

Where do I find the actual airspace when flying?
By TimT - 2/18/2018 4:48:09 PM

ckurz7000 - 11/28/2017 9:33:25 AM
Gerhard66 - 11/27/2017 7:51:53 PM
Hi Chris, the elevation is displayed on bottom of the stacked vertical airspace display. In Martin's screenshot it's 256 ft.Gerhard

I was actually talking about my own altitude at which I am flying. When I do a "What's Here" on the map I would like to see my own altitude in relation to those of the airspace structure. This could, e.g., be as simple as a fat line at my altitude shown in the altitude deption on the "What's Here" pop-up window. Additionally, I would also emphasize the airspace (if any) I am flying in currently.

Here is‌ a crude rendition of what I have in mind:
‌‌

Tim's argument was that this (and more) is already provided by Virtual Radar. However, you only see stuff along your route in that window. With the "What's Here" I can do that for any off-route point as well. Also, it is a different way to present the information which is always helpful.

-- Chris.‌‌

Tim Dawson is right. The virtual radar shows you where you are within the vertically stacked airspace layers.

‌"What's Here" on the other hand shows you what's there, for any location. In particular, 'any location' is in all generality not your current location. It would be misleading to mark your current ALT (at a difference location) on the "What's Here" pop-up, because the only thing that is not here, is you.