Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

ED-R Mülheim-Kärlich

Author
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
We have managed to get a NOTAM in place for the area so it'll appear on everybody's SkyDemon charts. A more permanent solution is under discussion between ourselves and DFS/Eisenschmidt.

They admit that the current solution where to be notified of the restricted area you need to purchase the VFR AIP does not make sense.‌
ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)
I think it is important that the authorities are fed back the reaction of the GA public in reponse to their actions. In this, companies like SD play a vital role. Thank you, Tim, for not shirking this task and foe engaging in a constructive dialog.

-- Chris.
matthiasr
m
Too Much Forum (247 reputation)Too Much Forum (247 reputation)Too Much Forum (247 reputation)Too Much Forum (247 reputation)Too Much Forum (247 reputation)Too Much Forum (247 reputation)Too Much Forum (247 reputation)Too Much Forum (247 reputation)Too Much Forum (247 reputation)
Hi everyone,

has anything come out of this?

@Tim: Has anything come out of your negotiations with DFS/Eisenschmidt? I feel uneasy flying around without a positive info on the AIP SUPs, but was hoping I could avoid buying another subscription to nearly the same data again, this time from DFS...

Hiding information that potentially leads to being charged with a criminal offence (not even an „Ordnungswidrigkeit“) behind a subscription paywall is totally absurd (on the DFS/BAF part, not SkyDemon...)
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
I don't think there is a new procedure in place, on the part of DFS. However we strongly made our position clear to them before, that the situation was ridiculous. I am not aware of such a situation occurring again, so hopefully that means they've stopped doing it.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search