Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

When is this going to change????

Author
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I know there exists a thread for website issues but I couldn't find it in the hurry.

It annoys me to no end that I cannot jump to the first unread post in a thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is basic functionality on any  for‌‌um and shouldn't be that hard to implement. Now I have to scroll through all the posts trying to locate the one that doesn't sound familiar anymore and hope that this is indeed the first new one (to me). This new forum interface has been around for long enough to have had a chance to deal with this issue. I know, Tim, that you don't do the web programming but some kind of young programmer from outside. Would you, please, lean on him and get him to get his act together?

And another annoying issue: in the text window where I type my posts, there is an issue when deliting the last character being typed. It positions the cursor in front of the next-to-last character so that I am forced to manually reposition the cursor after deleting.

Thanks, -- Chris.‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Were you hoping that by posting this thread it would magically enable us to fix long-standing issues which are already the subject of another thread?

I believe I have made it clear on the other thread that we cannot do anything about this forum. If enough people complain about it, I will shut it down. End o‌f story. That is my only option left at the moment.‌ If it annoys you too much, simply don't come here any more. It annoys me too.
Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 6/14/2017 3:25:10 PM
Were you hoping that by posting this thread it would magically enable us to fix long-standing issues which are already the subject of another thread?

I believe I have made it clear on the other thread that we cannot do anything about this forum. If enough people complain about it, I will shut it down. End o‌f story. That is my only option left at the moment.‌ If it annoys you too much, simply don't come here any more. It annoys me too.

Tim
P‌lease don't shut down the forum! In spite of all the long standing issues, which I know are beyond your control, I am prepared to put up with them if it means retaining this rich source of‌ information, user feedback, mutual help etc. I think it's an integral part of SD's rainson d'etre and it would be greatly missed if closed.

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
I'd be willing to pay some forum guru to set up a new forum, using industry-standard software and on paid-for hosting. I'd be willing to pay them to take a database backup of this forum (which I have) and extract sufficient data from it to pre-populate the new forum with all the posts and attachments from this one. I would have no idea where to find such a person, though, and as you might imagine, it's almost at the bottom of the long list of priorities we have here at SkyDemon.
adhawkins
adhawkins
Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)
Hi,

I'm not sure what it is, but the software used by the Flyer Forums is pretty much spot on as far as I'm concerned. Ticks all the boxes regarding threads being marked as read, and being able to go to the first unread post in any thread.

A‌ndy
‌‌‌
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
I agree.
T67M
T67M
Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)
How about asking Ian to set up a specific sub-forum for SkyDemon, or maybe (for fairness) a sub-forum for Nav Tools with sub-sub fora for each product?
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
That wouldn't work for us, and probably not for Ian either. We need to own our forum.
adhawkins
adhawkins
Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)
I was suggesting you use the same software, rather than having a SkyDemon presence there.

O‌r is the Flyer Forums software something they developed themselves, rather than being an 'off the shelf' bit of software?

A‌ndy
‌‌‌
Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
Tim
H‌ave you seen Ryan's post here‌?

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login