Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

When is this going to change????

Author
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I don't know about practicalities of switching to a different forum software solution, but have you looked at the PilotAware forum?
http://forum.pilotaware.com/
Seems to be powered by something called "Simple Machines".
Works well.
Tony‌‌‌‌
ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)
It seems that there is a new version of the forum software just around the corner. Let's wait and see if this fixes those annoying problems.

-- Chris.‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Sorry Andy, I was replying to T67M with that specific post, not you. I like the Flyer forum software too.

The vendor of this forum software (Ryan) re-established email contact‌‌ a few days ago and ran his post on that other thread passed me. So there is a glimmer of hope, it would seem.
adhawkins
adhawkins
Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 6/22/2017 2:49:43 PM
Sorry Andy, I was replying to T67M with that specific post, not you. I like the Flyer forum software too.

The vendor of this forum software (Ryan) re-established email contact‌‌ a few days ago and ran his post on that other thread passed me. So there is a glimmer of hope, it would seem.

Hi,

A‌h, all becomes a bit clearer now Smile

Is there‌ any reason (short of extra work) why you couldn't adopt the same software used on the Flyer Forums (I don't even know what it is, so feel free to point out any blindingly obvious flaws in my reasoning!).

A‌ndy
‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
No reason at all, it would just be a load of work I don't want to do, and getting the data out of this forum would also be a lot of work. I'd rather work on SkyDemon.
adhawkins
adhawkins
Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)
Hi Tim,

U‌nderstood. However, you did make a request earlier for someone to manage the process for you. If the Flyer Forums software were a realistic option, it might make the transition a little easier.

A‌ndy
‌‌‌
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
The Flyer forum software is a well-known open source piece of software. I've no problem switching to it, but my need for a forum guru to set it all up and manage the data process doesn't change.
BatteriesNotIncluded
B
Too Much Forum (542 reputation)Too Much Forum (542 reputation)Too Much Forum (542 reputation)Too Much Forum (542 reputation)Too Much Forum (542 reputation)Too Much Forum (542 reputation)Too Much Forum (542 reputation)Too Much Forum (542 reputation)Too Much Forum (542 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 6/26/2017 2:24:17 PM
The Flyer forum software is a well-known open source piece of software. I've no problem switching to it, but my need for a forum guru to set it all up and manage the data process doesn't change.

Hi Tim,
N‌‌ot to get involved in what seems like a low-priority for you guys, but if this is a stress you want lifting (without the heavy lifting) these guys are great: http://gconverters.com/convert-instantforum-net-forum-to-phpbb/

Edited 6/27/2017 10:09:39 AM by BatteriesNotIncluded
adhawkins
adhawkins
So if the Flyer Forums software PhpBB then?

I‌f so, it's come on a long way since I last used it (admittedly, several years ago).

A‌ndy
‌‌‌
BatteriesNotIncluded
B
Too Much Forum (542 reputation)Too Much Forum (542 reputation)Too Much Forum (542 reputation)Too Much Forum (542 reputation)Too Much Forum (542 reputation)Too Much Forum (542 reputation)Too Much Forum (542 reputation)Too Much Forum (542 reputation)Too Much Forum (542 reputation)
adhawkins - 6/27/2017 11:31:47 AM
So if the Flyer Forums software PhpBB then?

I‌f so, it's come on a long way since I last used it (admittedly, several years ago).

A‌ndy
‌‌‌

Yes, it is.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search