Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

The connection to your gps has been lost, message

Author
Thomas Leaver
Too Much Forum (610 reputation)Too Much Forum (610 reputation)Too Much Forum (610 reputation)Too Much Forum (610 reputation)Too Much Forum (610 reputation)Too Much Forum (610 reputation)Too Much Forum (610 reputation)Too Much Forum (610 reputation)Too Much Forum (610 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have Garmin GLO in Bluetooth connection with iPad mini and after "connecting to device" window closes, I get "the connection to your gps has been lost" with the default "ok" to close window. I have latest update of SkyDemon and iPad and have had a year of reliable use using GLO with SkyDemon but can't seem to get it to work now. Help, anyone? Also tried with android and get same set of messages. The Bluetooth connectivity is confirmed and the GLO indicates satellite capture (steady green) so am at a loss as to what is wrong.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
What exactly are you pressing, to go into Go Flying mode?
Thomas Leaver
Thomas Leaver
Too Much Forum (610 reputation)Too Much Forum (610 reputation)Too Much Forum (610 reputation)Too Much Forum (610 reputation)Too Much Forum (610 reputation)Too Much Forum (610 reputation)Too Much Forum (610 reputation)Too Much Forum (610 reputation)Too Much Forum (610 reputation)
I press "go flying" in top right corner. Connecting to device window opens, then closes and " the connection to your gps has been lost" with default "ok" which is definitely not ok. Open cockpit aircraft so clear view of sky and all lights confirm on GLO.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
You would never see "connecting to device" when using a Garmin GLO. I will repeat my question: what exactly are you clicking on? I think that after clicking Go Flying you are then choosing to connect to a specific external device which you are not actually using.
nkt2000
nkt2000
Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 6/12/2017 10:14:16 AM
You would never see "connecting to device" when using a Garmin GLO. I will repeat my question: what exactly are you clicking on? I think that after clicking Go Flying you are then choosing to connect to a specific external device which you are not actually using.

I am having the same issue with my xgps150. Worked perfectly last time out and today no connectivity to skydemon. I have the setting to "none" in the connectivity menu. Is this the correct setting for an external gps that is not one of those listed. I am using v.3.8.1.72
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
You will only get the error in the original post if using one of our third-party supported options and after the connection to it times out. To my knowledge you shouldn't see if it using a native Bluetooth GPS with your iOS device, but if you do, it's because it is not sending us any location data.
nkt2000
nkt2000
Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 6/19/2017 1:05:26 PM
You will only get the error in the original post if using one of our third-party supported options and after the connection to it times out. To my knowledge you shouldn't see if it using a native Bluetooth GPS with your iOS device, but if you do, it's because it is not sending us any location data.

nkt2000
nkt2000
I understand that SD is not getting any position info but it was every other time in the past few months. My iPad mini 2 is also showing connected to the xgps150 and showing both position data and satellite info in the Dual app. Can you suggest what might have happened to stop the data getting through. Could it be that it is the latest update to SD as I have upgraded to the latest version since I last flew with fully functioning position data?
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
We haven't changed anything in SkyDemon to do with iOS GPS connectivity for some time.

You may wish to download the free GPS Device Data app from the ap‌p store, which will display the exact data being sent to apps by iOS. That has helped other people diagnose GPS issues in the past.‌
cocoroman
c
Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)
nkt2000 - 6/19/2017 1:18:58 PM
I understand that SD is not getting any position info but it was every other time in the past few months. My iPad mini 2 is also showing connected to the xgps150 and showing both position data and satellite info in the Dual app. Can you suggest what might have happened to stop the data getting through. Could it be that it is the latest update to SD as I have upgraded to the latest version since I last flew with fully functioning position data?

Hi nkt2000, I have just passed to iPad from an Android device. Purchased and installed XGPS150A, obviously also Status soft,(which is free).
I‌t works like a Swiss watch, I'm guessing, your problem could be because of the update. I've been also suffering from updates, but from now on, only manual, and when I really need to..

Edited 6/22/2017 12:28:28 AM by cocoroman
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search