Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Whats here in 3.8

Author
rg
Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
So much clearer than the old way. Very nice.

A coup‌le of gremins hiding though.
‌‌Getting some repeated frequencies listed (only noticed on Coventry).

If in portrait model on a mini and you tap close to the middle of the screen the text sometime difficult to read

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
I will alert my colleague to the duplicated frequencies at Coventry; that is an issue with our underlying data and not with the What's Here menu per se.

I noticed the text issue myself but digging into it, it's not a straightforward issue to solve at this point. We will get to it though. Thanks for reporting it. ‌‌
Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)
I'm surprised that you didn't take the opportunity to include Listening Squawks.

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

rg
rg
Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)
I also think airspace upper and lower limits defined by flight levels should be labelled sad a flight level on the vertical stack rather than an altitude
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
German listening squawk information is included on the right-hand side, very clearly.

We have also done the work to retain FL information in the stack in the 3.8.1 release.
rg
rg
Tim Dawson - 5/10/2017 8:32:09 AM
German listening squawk information is included on the right-hand side, very clearly.

We have also done the work to retain FL information in the stack in the 3.8.1 release.
Thanks for the FL info update.
What about UK listening squawks?‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
UK listening squawks suffer from the same problem as UK LARS services: they are a complete mess, with many overlapping and no clear sector boundaries. They really aren't suitable for inclusion on a map at the moment (or in What's Here).
Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/10/2017 11:06:48 AM
UK listening squawks suffer from the same problem as UK LARS services: they are a complete mess, with many overlapping and no clear sector boundaries. They really aren't suitable for inclusion on a map at the moment (or in What's Here).

I note what you say Tim. However, my understanding is that each Listening Squawk and its associated Listening Frequency is unique to the airfield to which it is assigned, so if I bring up the What's Here pop-up for any airfield, if that airfield has been assigned a Listening Squawk/Frequency, then I would expect to see it listed.

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

rg
rg
Sky Painter - 5/11/2017 7:08:05 AM
Tim Dawson - 5/10/2017 11:06:48 AM

I note what you say Tim. However, my understanding is that each Listening Squawk and its associated Listening Frequency is unique to the airfield to which it is assigned, so if I bring up the What's Here pop-up for any airfield, if that airfield has been assigned a Listening Squawk/Frequency, then I would expect to see it listed.

‌I would agree with that but say it should not just be the airport but rather the airspace associated with the ATSU.  So if I click on Bristol Airspace I'd expect the see the Bristol Listening Squawk. 

‌‌I'd go a step further actually and argue that LARS doesn't have to be that complication either.   Each unit has a declared position and range in the AIP and the Farnborough sectors are declared with coordinates.  So you could draw in an invisible "airspace" for each unit and have the associated LARS frequency.  OK so there will be locations where get multiple frequencies pop up which will be worse on a weekday and you'd have to choose but would that be so bad?  You could even imagine a feature where SD could sort the list based on range from unit and direction of travel.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Yes, it is bad. That's exactly how we would do it (and how we do it for PLOG frequency inclusion) and it was bad, so we didn't include LARS in What's Here.

Mike, there isn't a one-to-one mapping of listening squawks to airfields. It's a mess.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search