Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Check if PDFs for an airfield are available OFFline

Author
drnicolas
Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Yesterday, i was at Mannheim airfield (EDFM) and tried to open the aerodrome Chart. Nothing happened. No message, also (iPad Version)
I have purchased the DFS package option.

Back at home, the Chart in question opened without Problems.
I guess, the Chart was not downloaded and therefore was not available without Internet Connection.

I would like to see a marking whether a Chart is offline available and also some markings if an AiP is fully or partially downloaded.
Of course, i can tell Skydemon to download the whole AiP, but what if i missed that.
‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌
Gax
G
Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)
It would be useful if there was an option to always automatically download the latest version of plates related to the flight when working with a plan. Not sure what the trigger would be - maybe a timer or something if a field was selected as part of a route for long enough, or maybe a button in planning mode to "Download Airfield charts for route". It would suck having to do an ifr diversion enroute only to find that the plates you thought you'd downloaded hadn't downloaded.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)
Nicolas, documents go green when they have been downloaded on your device. They'll be yellow if you have an old version, but a newer version is available. Either way, the latest version will be downloaded and opened if you touch the entry, unless you're offline, in which case you'll get the old version or SkyDemon will tell you that you need to be online to view the document.

It should never be the case that nothing happens at all. That would be poor UI, and isn't the way SkyDemon is designed to work. Please contact our customer support if you can reliably reproduce an issue such as the one you're describing, as it would be a bug that needs investigation. ‌‌
MikeTwoOne
MikeTwoOne
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Hi,

A‌s you discovered, it is unfortunately very easy to fly Skydemon with outdated or missing information. The only way to really avoid this is to download all content MANUALLY before any flight. There is no way to automate it, or receive a notification to remind‌ this action. It's true for route-related plates but also if you want an entire AIP-related content to be current all time.

Compare to the competition this is, by very far, the most frustrating aspect of SD.

M‌‌‌
drnicolas
drnicolas
Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 3/27/2017 4:10:51 PM
Nicolas, documents go green when they have been downloaded on your device. They'll be yellow if you have an old version, but a newer version is available. Either way, the latest version will be downloaded and opened if you touch the entry, unless you're offline, in which case you'll get the old version or SkyDemon will tell you that you need to be online to view the document.

It should never be the case that nothing happens at all. That would be poor UI, and isn't the way SkyDemon is designed to work. Please contact our customer support if you can reliably reproduce an issue such as the one you're describing, as it would be a bug that needs investigation. ‌‌

Okay, I will check it out.
On my iphone I can see those green-marked documents.‌
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search