Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

FIC bundary in Italy

Author
giannisd
Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Tim Dawson - 4/3/2017 4:31:48 PM
Historically means in the past.

If Italy are now publishing coordinates for FIS boundaries that is great. Unfortunately we (the whole team) are currently exhibiting at Aero Friedrichshafen which limits the amount of time we can spend transcribing the Italian AIP. We will be able to get back to the FIS boundary alignments when we return. ‌‌

when you think that the update would be possible  ?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
We have reviewed at least one of the boundaries between the radio services this AIRAC cycle in Italy. Perhaps you could comment after Thursday's chart update and we will see what is left to improve.
giannisd
giannisd
Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 4/24/2017 9:33:32 AM
We have reviewed at least one of the boundaries between the radio services this AIRAC cycle in Italy. Perhaps you could comment after Thursday's chart update and we will see what is left to improve.

Just a little update on the S....,  but not sufficient.
See my JPG chart attached or, if you do not trust my chart, read the AIP ‌ENR 2.1 ;
‌for each FIR/UIR/ACC,  on the Remarks, they indicate the line dividing each FIC/FIS Area by a list of Significant points.
I attached the PDF of the JPG,  with Reader cancel all layers but leave only FIR/UIR/ACC and Significant Points, you will see a plain Blue line that is the FIC/FIS Area for each FIR.
‌reagrads‌,  Gianni

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Where did that chart come from?

Italy publishes‌‌ its FIC boundaries very poorly, which is why it is a non-trivial issue recreating them digitally.
giannisd
giannisd
Tim Dawson - 5/2/2017 12:15:20 PM

Italy publishes‌‌ its FIC boundaries very poorly, which is why it is a non-trivial issue recreating them digitally.

The Chart is published on AIP ENR 61-1, is a very useful PDF I tried to send it to you, but the system will not accept, maybe is to large...Do you have a mail address I can send ?
‌Read also ENR 2, for each FIR (Milano or Rome) you will find on the Remarks 3,4,5,6  the list the limits of FIS area, these points are generally IFR reporting points very easy to find and to use for drawing the line dividing the FIS.
This is the Milano  Remarks page.
‌regrads,
Gianni
‌‌

giannisd
giannisd
giannisd - 5/2/2017 1:09:55 PM
Tim Dawson - 5/2/2017 12:15:20 PM

The Chart is published on AIP ENR 61-1, is a very useful PDF I tried to send it to you, but the system will not accept, maybe is to large...Do you have a mail address I can send ?
‌Read also ENR 2, for each FIR (Milano or Rome) you will find on the Remarks 3,4,5,6  the list the limits of FIS area, these points are generally IFR reporting points very easy to find and to use for drawing the line dividing the FIS.
This is the Milano  Remarks page.
‌regrads,
Gianni
‌‌

Amendment .....ENR 6.1-1.... not ENR 61-1  sorry

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Sounds so easy doesn't it? Except even the Milano FIC/ACC as described in note 3 there is further divided with reference to the "Po River" whose coordinates are of course not provided. We will check through to see if we can further refine the Milano and Padova FIC boundaries.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Ok, having redrawn some more borders I think the Milano and Padova FIC areas will be in better shape for our next chart update.
giannisd
giannisd
Tim Dawson - 5/3/2017 10:24:30 AM
Ok, having redrawn some more borders I think the Milano and Padova FIC areas will be in better shape for our next chart update.

Almost OK
Tim Dawson - 5/3/2017 10:24:30 AM

Much better after last updated, but a little amendment required,
Gianni‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
We can look in to this, but not until next week, as we are preparing for an aviation trade show this week.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search