SkyDemon
Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Uploading aircraft profiles online

Uploading aircraft profiles online

Author
Too Much Forum
Too Much Forum (835 reputation)Too Much Forum (835 reputation)Too Much Forum (835 reputation)Too Much Forum (835 reputation)Too Much Forum (835 reputation)Too Much Forum (835 reputation)Too Much Forum (835 reputation)Too Much Forum (835 reputation)Too Much Forum (835 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I would like to put aircraft profiles online for them to be available for my airclub buddies.‌‌ I use SD on iPad and android. I know how to find profile online but not how to put them there. 
‌How does one do that?
Cheers‌,
Alexis‌

Sky Painter
Too Much Forum
Too Much Forum (22K reputation)Too Much Forum (22K reputation)Too Much Forum (22K reputation)Too Much Forum (22K reputation)Too Much Forum (22K reputation)Too Much Forum (22K reputation)Too Much Forum (22K reputation)Too Much Forum (22K reputation)Too Much Forum (22K reputation)

alexis.hellen@gmail.com - 3/2/2017 9:02:29 PM
I would like to put aircraft profiles online for them to be available for my airclub buddies.‌‌ I use SD on iPad and android. I know how to find profile online but not how to put them there. 
‌How does one do that?
Cheers‌,
Alexis‌

I would like to put aircraft profiles online for them to be available for my airclub buddies.‌‌ I use SD on iPad and android. I know how to find profile online but not how to put them there. ‌How does one do that?

T‌he best course of action would be to post them here in this forum as file attachments.‌

Mike
‌_________________________________________
Nexus 7 (2013) – Android 6.0.1 & SD 3.8.5.25814
PC – Win XP (Home Ed), SP3 & SD 3.8.5.0

SemperFi
Too Much Forum
Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)

alexis.hellen@gmail.com - 3/2/2017 9:02:29 PM
‌How does one do that?
Cheers‌,
Alexis‌

Good point. As I can see, you can only upload to your own Cloud storage. If you want to share your aircraft file you have to connect the device to your computer and grab the file i.e. from the Skydemon documents section in iTunes. When you mail the file to your buddies they have to do the reverse, put in in the iTunes section, or whatever you use to manage your device on the computer, and sync.

‌Maybe this is a topic for a feature request? No idea how this forum is set up, but maybe it is feasible to grant access to the personal aircraft library with the forum login credentials, so the Add File option in the forum can access the files to add to a post?

tnowak
Too Much Forum
Too Much Forum (6.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.5K reputation)

I thought "upload to cloud" was to the common (for all) cloud.
How did all the other aircraft profiles get put in/on the cloud?
Tony‌‌‌
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team
SkyDemon Team (311K reputation)SkyDemon Team (311K reputation)SkyDemon Team (311K reputation)SkyDemon Team (311K reputation)SkyDemon Team (311K reputation)SkyDemon Team (311K reputation)SkyDemon Team (311K reputation)SkyDemon Team (311K reputation)SkyDemon Team (311K reputation)

Group: Moderators
People sent them to us.

Regarding the original question, the easiest way is to simply send a route to your friend. Your aircraft profile is included in all routes saved which use that aircraft. When your friend opens the route and goes into the aircraft library, there should be an option to add it to their own library. ‌‌
GO
Merge Selected
Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Username:

Password:

Select a Forum....

SkyDemon Forums