Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

How to connect Skydemon with the ADS-B FlightBox from Open Flight Solutions.

Author
R
Too Much Forum (114 reputation)Too Much Forum (114 reputation)Too Much Forum (114 reputation)Too Much Forum (114 reputation)Too Much Forum (114 reputation)Too Much Forum (114 reputation)Too Much Forum (114 reputation)Too Much Forum (114 reputation)Too Much Forum (114 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I bought a single mode FlightBox from Open Flight Solutions. I assembled the pieces, fired it up, connected to the Wifi, went to the web interface on 192.168.10.1 and it showed "connected". and it sends or receives 1090ES messages.
in the "traffic" option it showed 8 planes, so the FlightBox it is working fine.

next: I want to connect it to SkyDemon on my Android smartphone.
And I can not find how to do that.
I went to settings in skydemon, choose "setup" and "connectivity option" and ticked "live data when planning and flying"

Nnext is the choice for "external GPS/traffic source"and that gives these options:
‌1. None
‌2. FLARM
‌3. Dynon SkyView
‌4. X-plane
‌5. GDL-90

First I tried "FLARM"and it askes for "Air Connect Key". I don't know what tat is, and currently is has "6000" as value.

‌Next I leave the setup menu and go to "Go flying"It asks what to use: Use location services" or "Use FLARM"
I choose "use FLARM" and it replied: "failed to establish a connection with the butterfly connect unit"

‌next I tried Dynon SkyView, X-plane and GDL-90. None established a connection.

‌Can you please point me to a way to connect the FlightBox to SkyDemon? Because that's why I bought it for.

Thanks and best regards
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
I'm not aware that we advertise any sort of compatibility with the device you have purchased.

If it supports GDL90 though, then that is the option to tick. Then when you Go Flying select GDL9‌0 as the source, and you'll see traffic if the device is sending traffic information through to SkyDemon.‌
Easy Cruising
Easy Cruising
Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 3/1/2017 3:32:46 PM
I'm not aware that we advertise any sort of compatibility with the device you have purchased.

If it supports GDL90 though, then that is the option to tick. Then when you Go Flying select GDL9‌0 as the source, and you'll see traffic if the device is sending traffic information through to SkyDemon.‌

Today, according to Steven Sokol from OpenFlight Solutions who supply FlightBox ..

"We do support GDL-90and have successfully tested with recent versions of SkyDemon."‌‌
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Cool!
Paul_Sengupta
P
Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)
This is just a packaged version of the Stratux. And yes, the Stratux (or at least mine!) does now work with SD.
Xavier-FR
X
Too Much Forum (402 reputation)Too Much Forum (402 reputation)Too Much Forum (402 reputation)Too Much Forum (402 reputation)Too Much Forum (402 reputation)Too Much Forum (402 reputation)Too Much Forum (402 reputation)Too Much Forum (402 reputation)Too Much Forum (402 reputation)
Paul_Sengupta - 3/13/2017 1:25:20 PM
This is just a packaged version of the Stratux. And yes, the Stratux (or at least mine!) does now work with SD.

I'm really interested by the Stratux, do you have any feedback, video, picture... of this device working with SD to share with us? Thanks!

Paul_Sengupta
P
Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)
Um, not off-hand. But it just shows traffic on the SD screen, like PilotAware does (but the Stratux only receives ADS-B and doesn't transmit anything). There are screen shots around of SD with traffic on the screen I think.

I‌'m currently about to start experiementing with a cheap AHRS module, some of the US software packages support using AHRS on the Stratux.‌
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search