SkyDemon Forums

How to connect Skydemon with the ADS-B FlightBox from Open Flight Solutions.

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic21528.aspx

By Robert Deen - 2/28/2017 8:19:15 PM

I bought a single mode FlightBox from Open Flight Solutions. I assembled the pieces, fired it up, connected to the Wifi, went to the web interface on 192.168.10.1 and it showed "connected". and it sends or receives 1090ES messages.
in the "traffic" option it showed 8 planes, so the FlightBox it is working fine.

next: I want to connect it to SkyDemon on my Android smartphone.
And I can not find how to do that.
I went to settings in skydemon, choose "setup" and "connectivity option" and ticked "live data when planning and flying"

Nnext is the choice for "external GPS/traffic source"and that gives these options:
‌1. None
‌2. FLARM
‌3. Dynon SkyView
‌4. X-plane
‌5. GDL-90

First I tried "FLARM"and it askes for "Air Connect Key". I don't know what tat is, and currently is has "6000" as value.

‌Next I leave the setup menu and go to "Go flying"It asks what to use: Use location services" or "Use FLARM"
I choose "use FLARM" and it replied: "failed to establish a connection with the butterfly connect unit"

‌next I tried Dynon SkyView, X-plane and GDL-90. None established a connection.

‌Can you please point me to a way to connect the FlightBox to SkyDemon? Because that's why I bought it for.

Thanks and best regards
By Paul_Sengupta - 3/15/2017 11:17:38 PM

Um, not off-hand. But it just shows traffic on the SD screen, like PilotAware does (but the Stratux only receives ADS-B and doesn't transmit anything). There are screen shots around of SD with traffic on the screen I think.

I‌'m currently about to start experiementing with a cheap AHRS module, some of the US software packages support using AHRS on the Stratux.‌