Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Nuclear Sites not marked Prohibited/Restricted in Switzerland - should they be?

Nuclear Sites not marked Prohibited/Restricted in Switzerland - should...
Author
c
Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
As I had a refresher night in our Aviation Club last night, there was a question about; staying away from "Nuclear Centrals" obviously we should remain out of those places. After 9/11 the Americans don't laugh anymore about it. Also in France in case of rapprochement of one of these centrals Military Jets will be Flying just next to you. And as one was saying, we may even be shoot down by them. So I have checked all the warnings on SD tonight, I have even Simulated a flight on SD. There is no signs of Warnings about those "Nuclear Centrals" So I could really fly just over it, without a problem, the map won't show them like it should do, I‌t is shown as Antenna or Chimney etc. Please guys do something about it. I think it is death important.. Thank you ..
Edited 1/27/2017 11:27:03 PM by Tim Dawson
p3tr
p
Too Much Forum (654 reputation)Too Much Forum (654 reputation)Too Much Forum (654 reputation)Too Much Forum (654 reputation)Too Much Forum (654 reputation)Too Much Forum (654 reputation)Too Much Forum (654 reputation)Too Much Forum (654 reputation)Too Much Forum (654 reputation)
cocoroman - 1/27/2017 11:27:03 PM
As I had a refresher night in our Aviation Club last night, there was a question about; staying away from "Nuclear Centrals" obviously we should remain out of those places. After 9/11 the Americans don't laugh anymore about it. Also in France in case of rapprochement of one of these centrals Military Jets will be Flying just next to you. And as one was saying, we may even be shoot down by them. So I have checked all the warnings on SD tonight, I have even Simulated a flight on SD. There is no signs of Warnings about those "Nuclear Centrals" So I could really fly just over it, without a problem, the map won't show them like it should do, I‌t is shown as Antenna or Chimney etc. Please guys do something about it. I think it is death important.. Thank you ..

Hey am i missing something, or is the government free to issue an FAP for that area if they wanted to?  What are we saying?  Is the system of classifying airspaces no longer followed by the governments?

cocoroman
c
Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)
p3tr - 1/28/2017 10:52:08 AM

Hey am i missing something, or is the government free to issue an FAP for that area if they wanted to?  What are we saying?  Is the system of classifying airspaces no longer followed by the governments?

O.K. here I'm talking about CAVOK and in the day time. Imagine that, we are flying a Night VFR or Bad visibility, Hase and VMC etc. what would happen, if nearing too close or even over Flying one of those Centrals?? Sure we have our paper Map's like everybody else. I must say, since I have SD I don't even take a look on those Maps anymore, because, I am very comfortable with SD Map.. I think many of us "Pilots" does the same thing. Maybe I am missing something, than I would appoligize of my Forum notes, otherwise it is a worriying sitiations. I am a Swiss Pilot, I guess I know where those Centrals are so I am careful, but if I fly in France,Germany Italy and Austria which are the neigbours of Switzerland. How should I know them ..?  

p3tr
p
Too Much Forum (654 reputation)Too Much Forum (654 reputation)Too Much Forum (654 reputation)Too Much Forum (654 reputation)Too Much Forum (654 reputation)Too Much Forum (654 reputation)Too Much Forum (654 reputation)Too Much Forum (654 reputation)Too Much Forum (654 reputation)
cocoroman - 1/29/2017 2:02:36 AM
p3tr - 1/28/2017 10:52:08 AM

O.K. here I'm talking about CAVOK and in the day time. Imagine that, we are flying a Night VFR or Bad visibility, Hase and VMC etc. what would happen, if nearing too close or even over Flying one of those Centrals?? Sure we have our paper Map's like everybody else. I must say, since I have SD I don't even take a look on those Maps anymore, because, I am very comfortable with SD Map.. I think many of us "Pilots" does the same thing. Maybe I am missing something, than I would appoligize of my Forum notes, otherwise it is a worriying sitiations. I am a Swiss Pilot, I guess I know where those Centrals are so I am careful, but if I fly in France,Germany Italy and Austria which are the neigbours of Switzerland. How should I know them ..?  

Hello Smile

The bit that confuses me is the fact that some parts of the sky have no-fly zones on them without even‌‌ FAPs declared.  It sucks getting shot, so i'm with you that this needs to be avoided and warned about.  The systematic issue for me is that someone would prohibit part of the sky without making it a flight-area-prohibited with a fixed ceiling and extent, like all the other FAPs.  But then people with guns have right-of-way, hey?

Maybe i'm missing why these areas would not be FAPs?‌‌  This really interests me...

Maybe my question does not really involve SD, but ‌it should be understood before it runs away with itself - what other areas would become prohibited without being prohibited flight areas?  How would one be expected to remain up to date with where they are if they are not defined in the standard way?  Would this become one of those laws everyone breaks that can be used as an excuse to act belligerently to selected people (aircraft)?

Regards
p‌‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
SkyDemon includes all prohibited, restricted and danger areas as defined by national AIPs. It will warn you if you fly towards one.

I am unfamiliar with the terminology "centrals" you use, so I cannot really comment on these things you're expecting to see and don't see. I can only reiterate that if the authorities have designated them as permanent restricted or prohibited airspace, we will show them.‌
DirDej
DirDej
Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)
I can clearly see three nuclear power plants in a big red circle in the area that I know well. You have to have 'Prohibited and Restricted ' turned on in 'Mapping'  >> 'Airspace' menu.
Mapping is in the bottom right hand corner, it look like three stacked sheets next to the North arrow.
cocoroman
c
Tim Dawson - 1/30/2017 11:16:06 AM
SkyDemon includes all prohibited, restricted and danger areas as defined by national AIPs. It will warn you if you fly towards one.

I am unfamiliar with the terminology "centrals" you use, so I cannot really comment on these things you're expecting to see and don't see. I can only reiterate that if the authorities have designated them as permanent restricted or prohibited airspace, we will show them.‌

Hi Tim, thanks a lot for clarifying my terminology, we call them over here "Nuclear Centrals" but not Power Plants or ..? As we are not English spoken Nations are, but we give a little try to speak yours. if you don't understand what N.C is, maybe check your dictionary I think you'll understand right away. And I strongly believe, as well you also have many other speaking members (Clients), as well as real world Pilots, like me and others. I also had installed Air Nav Pro, BTW they really show on their MAP the N.C. as I have mentioned before a (Nuclear Power Plants), you can really see the difference between Antenna and Chimney. I'm sure Distances and over Flying altitudes are different then Over flying Antennas or Chimneys.And it is also Published same way on all kind of FOCA's 1.000.000 and  1.500.000 like Air Nav Pro did it. So sorry to say but, instead of clearing me with my language, maybe clear this differences  between Antennas and real "Nuclear Power Plants" please, you may save some legally Bad Situations.. Regards.( A Swiss Pilot)..

p3tr
p
Hello Smile

OK so i'm really interested in this - you saying you have areas you are not allowed to fly, which are not classified as flight-area-prohibited?

cocoroman
c
DirDej - 1/30/2017 11:38:18 AM
I can clearly see three nuclear power plants in a big red circle in the area that I know well. You have to have 'Prohibited and Restricted ' turned on in 'Mapping'  >> 'Airspace' menu.
Mapping is in the bottom right hand corner, it look like three stacked sheets next to the North arrow.

Hi DirDej, thanks for your reply, by me on SD, obviously all checked:Notam ,Controlled,Danger,Prohibited and Restricted, ATZ, Military ATZ,FIR and Misc. maybe you are talking about U.K. or I don't know which country. But it is not shown on Swiss Map. I have checked again, and I will check again. If it is my mistake I will apologise. Other wise it is a dead serious business.. Take care.

DirDej
DirDej
Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)
I was looking at the French nuclear plants, clearly marked. I need to have a look at the Swiss situation. Can you give me an example?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search