SkyDemon Forums

Nuclear Sites not marked Prohibited/Restricted in Switzerland - should they be?

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic21289.aspx

By cocoroman - 1/27/2017 11:27:03 PM

As I had a refresher night in our Aviation Club last night, there was a question about; staying away from "Nuclear Centrals" obviously we should remain out of those places. After 9/11 the Americans don't laugh anymore about it. Also in France in case of rapprochement of one of these centrals Military Jets will be Flying just next to you. And as one was saying, we may even be shoot down by them. So I have checked all the warnings on SD tonight, I have even Simulated a flight on SD. There is no signs of Warnings about those "Nuclear Centrals" So I could really fly just over it, without a problem, the map won't show them like it should do, I‌t is shown as Antenna or Chimney etc. Please guys do something about it. I think it is death important.. Thank you ..
By alexis.hellen@gmail.com - 2/12/2017 5:51:33 PM

DirDej - 1/30/2017 6:54:12 PM

cocoroman - 1/30/2017 6:17:59 PM
Tim Dawson - 1/30/2017 11:16:06 AM
SkyDemon includes all prohibited, restricted and danger areas as defined by national AIPs. It will warn you if you fly towards one.

I am unfamiliar with the terminology "centrals" you use, so I cannot really comment on these things you're expecting to see and don't see. I can only reiterate that if the authorities have designated them as permanent restricted or prohibited airspace, we will show them.‌

Hi Tim, thanks a lot for clarifying my terminology, we call them over here "Nuclear Centrals" but not Power Plants or ..? As we are not English spoken Nations are, but we give a little try to speak yours. if you don't understand what N.C is, maybe check your dictionary I think you'll understand right away. And I strongly believe, as well you also have many other speaking members (Clients), as well as real world Pilots, like me and others. I also had installed Air Nav Pro, BTW they really show on their MAP the N.C. as I have mentioned before a (Nuclear Power Plants), you can really see the difference between Antenna and Chimney. I'm sure Distances and over Flying altitudes are different then Over flying Antennas or Chimneys.And it is also Published same way on all kind of FOCA's 1.000.000 and  1.500.000 like Air Nav Pro did it. So sorry to say but, instead of clearing me with my language, maybe clear this differences  between Antennas and real "Nuclear Power Plants" please, you may save some legally Bad Situations.. Regards.( A Swiss Pilot)..

Hello cocoroman,

‌‌I am a little concerned and puzzled: I also fly in Switzerland, and have been using the Gösgen nuclear power plant as a waypoint during my navigation solo flight, flying just next to it, but have never seen neither on the ICAO 500'000 nor on the 250'000 Swiss charts any exclusion zones. We have 5 nuclear power plants in Switzerland (Mühleberg, Gösgen, Kronstadt, Beznau 1 ‌and 2) and for none have I found any restrictions in the aforementioned charts.
Could‌ you tell me where you found this exclusion information? 

Cheers‌,
Alexis‌