Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Show class of airspace flying through in pilot log

Author
David
Too Much Forum (429 reputation)Too Much Forum (429 reputation)Too Much Forum (429 reputation)Too Much Forum (429 reputation)Too Much Forum (429 reputation)Too Much Forum (429 reputation)Too Much Forum (429 reputation)Too Much Forum (429 reputation)Too Much Forum (429 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
When I create my pilot log, I always check for airspaces that I fly through and double check to have according actions planned before crossing or also plan B's for non-clearances.
I usually do that with a text marker and mark the airspace class of the planned leg on the left side, to make sure that I don't miss to get a clearance.

What I would suggest asa  new feature is the possibility to include a column called "Airspace class warning" that automatically displays if the planned leg runs through class A, B, C, D airspaces. Probably it is possible to configure which alerts I'd like to receive?
As shown below, a red sqaure with the letter D is shown, if the leg is planned within class D airspace (depending on the altitude and so on)

This would really help me in planning :-)

Thank you very much for thinking about and your response - thanks also for your great application!!

Best regards from LOWG,
‌David

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
We will be interested to see what others make of this suggestion.
adhawkins
adhawkins
Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)
Hi,

I‌ quite like the idea.

‌‌Something similar I might find useful, is perhaps highlighting altitude changes in the plog that are required to avoid some sort of airspace. For example, if a leg goes through the lateral limits of airspace, but below or above it, then the altitude on that leg should be highlighted to indicate this.

A‌ndy
‌‌
ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)
Yes, seems like a great idea. How do you deal with a leg crossing multiple airspace classes?

-- Chris.‌‌‌

David
David
Too Much Forum (429 reputation)Too Much Forum (429 reputation)Too Much Forum (429 reputation)Too Much Forum (429 reputation)Too Much Forum (429 reputation)Too Much Forum (429 reputation)Too Much Forum (429 reputation)Too Much Forum (429 reputation)Too Much Forum (429 reputation)
ckurz7000 - 1/29/2017 8:18:05 PM
Yes, seems like a great idea. How do you deal with a leg crossing multiple airspace classes?

-- Chris.‌‌‌

Well in this case probably the letters of the airspaces are shown, but actually the most important information is just, if it is an airspace, that needs approval, A, B, C, D ... This would be sufficient.

‌In case of multiple airspaces probably all letters are shown or just a hint, that there are more airspaces behind it?!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search