Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Maximum Licences

Author
G-OIBM
Too Much Forum (9.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I've just finished fully moving to the dark side by ditching the PC stuff in favour of Apple (iMac, Macbook, iPad etc.).

T‌he great work done to get Mac versions of Skydemon is much appreciated and I have no issues running using Sierra OS.

T‌he snag that I have now is that I run out of licences to use Skydemon across all 4 of my Apple platforms as the current setup with SkyDemon (and correct me if I'm wrong) allows for 2 Apple Products and 2 PC products; this was fine when I had the mix of PCs and Apple, but not since I've migrated to wholly Apple.

T‌im - Is there any way you can tweak the licence checks to allow 4 uses on any combination of operating systems?

M‌any thanks‌‌‌‌

Regards

Hugh

G-OIBM

Commander 114
G-OIBM
G-OIBM
Too Much Forum (9.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.5K reputation)
Shifu - 12/11/2016 7:44:06 AM
AFAIK it is 2 mobile and two computer licenses, so nothing changes going from PC/Win to Apple/macOS. Running a virtual machine will give you the full SD Plan as well, once you get tired of the Wine-wrapped version.

I'm tending to think its not 2 mobile and 2 computer licenses as I definitely can't run SkyDemon on more than 2 Apple based machines.  I have a MacBook Pro, iMac desktop, iPad Mini and iPad 2.  

I‌f I do the usual log out and log back in again - it works for that device but locks me out on the '3rd' device.‌ 

Regards

Hugh

G-OIBM

Commander 114
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Nope, it's two PCs and two mobile devices (iOS or Android).
G-OIBM
G-OIBM
Tim Dawson - 12/12/2016 10:59:33 AM
Nope, it's two PCs and two mobile devices (iOS or Android).

So to clarify - when you say 2 PCs - are we talking Windows OS only PCs or can the 2 PC's be iMac based (apple).  If it's the latter, then something is wrong with the licence checking; another user O know also has the same issue as myself - described above.

Regards

Hugh

G-OIBM

Commander 114
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
We do not have Mac software, only Windows PC software.
Oliver Voigt
Oliver Voigt
Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)
[quote]
Tim Dawson - 12/19/2016 12:47:08 PM
We do not have Mac software, only Windows PC software.
H‌ere seems to be the problem, because i got the same fault. If i logged in my macbook, ‌the mini and the I‌pad are requesting for a new login!

Ian
I
Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)
Bit confused by this.

When you say that you only have Windows software, how does SD work on iOS software?

Also, to be clear, are you saying that SD won't work on an iMac? Or is a Mac capable of converting / reading SD (a bit like it can read Word and Excel documents)?

We are looking to move o an iMac shortly, and I like to do flight planning on the desk--top machine before leaving for the airfield.

Also, if SD does work on an iMac, could I also have it on an iPad and iPhone or would one of them have to go?
Edited 12/26/2016 5:13:47 PM by Ian
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
We do not have a version of SkyDemon for Macs. If you want SkyDemon on a desktop, it'll have to be a Windows PC.

Ian
I
Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)
Good heavens!
I hope you will be correcting this anomaly soon.
Gyro79
Gyro79
Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)
Ian - 1/1/2017 7:28:05 PM
Good heavens!I hope you will be correcting this anomaly soon.

Hi Ian,
‌I often prepare a flight on a Mac running a software called Parallels (no advertising whatsoever) along with a Windows licence (in my case W7) and obviously the PC version of SD.
‌When I am satisfied with my flight preparation I just upload it to the cloud and retrieve it on my iPad.
‌It does work fine so far.
‌Reason for that workaround is simply because, as Tim said, the Apple version is not supported by SD.
‌Hope this helps.
‌José

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search