Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Problem with VFR charts integration on moving map (France)

Author
JoelJacob
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have sometimes a strange problem on my Galaxy Tabs S2 (both 7" and 10")  : the VFR charts are no longer overlaid on the moving map for some airports. All charts are already downloaded on my device.

However, it seems that the ch‌‌art is briefly displayed then overlaid by the background.

SD 3.7.0.275

Regards

Joel Jacob‌‌‌‌
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
What action are you taking to actually bring up the chart?
JoelJacob
JoelJacob
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 12/7/2016 10:06:10 AM
What action are you taking to actually bring up the chart?

No action was required to display the VFR chart overlay.

‌‌I was used to see the VFR chart popup on the moving map when approaching the airfield (a square overlaid with a big red cross in the upper left corner).

Joel‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
And when you play with SkyDemon in simulator mode, can you reproduce the issue you are describing?
JoelJacob
JoelJacob
I have recorded a small video describing the problem with a flight from OLORON (LFCO) to PAU (LFBP). I have also the issue with Biarritz (LFBZ) : the VFR overlay does not display. So it seems that the issue is airport related : perhaps some informations missing in the VFR sheets ?

See a small simulated flight

By the way, I also  fly in Cannes (LFMPD) and I can see that the airport has a nice detailled skydemon vector display including hotspots and wind but lack the taxiways names (which is evil) ->
‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
I wasn't able to load your video.

The one thing those two airfields have in common is that they each have TWO visual approach charts. Looking at them, one appears to be for helicopters and one for other aircraft. In the case that you have downloaded two VACs for an airfield, SkyDemon will not automatically load either of them because it is dangerous for us to guess, and for you (the user) not to know which is being displayed. The solution is to download only the one that you want to use; the other can be deleted from your local storage and SkyDemon will then not have to make the choice. ‌‌
JoelJacob
JoelJacob
Thanks for your answer. I will give it a try.

‌However, I was not able to delete a VAC from the local cache. I tried a long press (Android) on the VAC as stated in the manual (p 44) and the [delete] button did not shows (I also tried a swipe to be sure).

It will perhaps make sense t‌‌o add a "Helicopter" checkbox in the Aircraft definition. With this, you can filter unwanted information both on the moving map and in the document section.

Joel
‌‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Feel free to give our customer support a call/email if you're stuck trying to delete downloaded plates.

Unfortunately documents are not categoris‌‌ed by their applicable aircraft types so the solution you suggest would not be straightforward.
Martin Bech
Martin Bech
Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)
Hi Tim
Are there anyway to filter the downloads? Deleting VAC is easy with a swipe on Ipad, but as soon As I make an update of airfields I get everything back again.... se attached. If downloading from both AIP and VFR maybe there should be a choice or VFR should be omitted if there is a VFR plate, VAC, ...??
Martin Bech
Martin Bech
Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)
Hi Tim
Are there anyway to filter the downloads? Deleting VAC is easy with a swipe on Ipad, but as soon As I make an update of airfields I get everything back again.... se attached. If downloading from both AIP and VFR maybe there should be a choice or VFR should be omitted if there is a VFR plate, VAC, ...??

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search