Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Microsoft.NET Framework 2

Author
waremark
Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am running SkyDemon on a Windows 10 laptop - currently running version 3.6.1.0. On trying to upgrade I get the message SkyDemon required Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0. I followed your (not obvious to find) link to a download page where I am offered three (operating system dependent) download options. Please advise:
Whether it is right that my Windows 10 laptop should require this download, and
Which of the three options to choose
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
You should be able to install the .net framework 2.0 via your control panel; it will be somewhere as an option to turn on.

However, if you have previously been running SkyDemon, then you already have it.
waremark
waremark
Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 10/4/2016 10:21:09 AM
You should be able to install the .net framework 2.0 via your control panel; it will be somewhere as an option to turn on.

However, if you have previously been running SkyDemon, then you already have it.

As stated I am currently running Skydemon, so why the problem? But I will search in the Control Panel for clues.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
I have no idea. If you are already running SkyDemon, you can run the latest version. I have never seen somebody's computer suddenly decide it doesn't have the .net framework prerequisite when it actually does.
waremark
waremark
Well, I have wasted more time without being able to make any progress. I am currently running SkyDemon version 3.6.1.0. quite successfully on a Windows 10 laptop.

On trying to upgrade I get the message SkyDemon requires Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0.

I have tried to search Control Panel and elsewhere on the laptop for Framework, and do not find it on the laptop.

I have just renewed my SkyDemon sub and do hope someone on your team will try to find a solution for me. If you think I should download and install something please advise me very specifically what to download as there seem to be a lot of choices.

Is use of this forum the right way to communicate about this?
Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
I run SD on my Win 10 laptop and haven't experienced any issues with SD and needing the MS .net framework.
My laptop was Win 7 but upgraded to Win 10 during the "free" upgrade period.
Tony
George Reid
George Reid
Too Much Forum (9.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.2K reputation)
tnowak - 10/17/2016 9:49:09 AM
I run SD on my Win 10 laptop and haven't experienced any issues with SD and needing the MS .net framework.
My laptop was Win 7 but upgraded to Win 10 during the "free" upgrade period.
Tony

I had trouble with the MS Net Framework software on a computer running Win XP.  SkyDemon was not affected by these problems but other software was.  I tried running all the patches that Microsoft suggested but none of these worked.  In the end I had to do a fresh install of the operating system.

On Windows XP this is quite a lot of work and involves subsequently re-installing all the user software.  However in Windows 10 the task is much easier.  It is possible to do a "refresh install" of the operating system and leave all user files and programmes untouched.

George E A Reid

Ipad Mini 5,  IOS 14.4,  SD 3.15.0.288
PC(Win 10, Version 19041.804)  SD 3.15.0.0

pgroell
pgroell
Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)
There is a repair tool available for the MS Net Framework, maybe worth giving a try.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

waremark
waremark
Now solved, by Googling the error message (a more computer literate user would probably have got there more quickly).

Control Panel/Turn Windows Features on or off/Turn on .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)

(.NET Framework 4.6 Advanced Services was already on.)

Team SkyDemon, I think an appropriate message in the update utility could help save wasted time for other Windows 10 users - and something a little bit more specific than Tim's first message above. That message was not quite specific enough for me to find the option to 'Turn Windows Features on or off'.
Edited 10/17/2016 5:32:25 PM by waremark
Dema
Dema
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
waremark - 10/17/2016 5:08:52 PM
Now solved, by Googling the error message (a more computer literate user would probably have got there more quickly).

Control Panel/Turn Windows Features on or off/Turn on .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)

(.NET Framework 4.6 Advanced Services was already on.)

Team SkyDemon, I think an appropriate message in the update utility could help save wasted time for other Windows 10 users - and something a little bit more specific than Tim's first message above. That message was not quite specific enough for me to find the option to 'Turn Windows Features on or off'.‌

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search