Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Sky Demon and X-Plane

Author
Howard
Too Much Forum (900 reputation)Too Much Forum (900 reputation)Too Much Forum (900 reputation)Too Much Forum (900 reputation)Too Much Forum (900 reputation)Too Much Forum (900 reputation)Too Much Forum (900 reputation)Too Much Forum (900 reputation)Too Much Forum (900 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
It used to be fairly simple to connect these on the same PC. In Sky Demon it was Go Flying - Connect X-Plane.
In pre-10.45 X-Plane there was an option in Settings to output data to a PC.
Not any more.

Something has happened between the new versions of both programs so that I cannot make the connection any more.

I'd be grateful for advice on how to fix this.

Thanks! 

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)
Nothing has changed in SkyDemon. The option is where it's been for ages.
Howard
Howard
Too Much Forum (900 reputation)Too Much Forum (900 reputation)Too Much Forum (900 reputation)Too Much Forum (900 reputation)Too Much Forum (900 reputation)Too Much Forum (900 reputation)Too Much Forum (900 reputation)Too Much Forum (900 reputation)Too Much Forum (900 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 8/30/2016 9:47:21 AM
Nothing has changed in SkyDemon. The option is where it's been for ages.

Er...well I can see that.

Problem is it doesn't connect any more.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)
Again, nothing has changed in SkyDemon. The change must therefore be in the X-Plane software you are using.
Pinc
P
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
JoFe - 8/28/2016 6:26:23 PM

It used to be fairly simple to connect these on the same PC. In Sky Demon it was Go Flying - Connect X-Plane.
Not any more.

Something has happened between the new versions of both programs so that I cannot make the connection any more.

Thanks! 

Here's the setup that worked for me:
  • In X-Plane, set up Net Connections:
    http://forums.skydemon.aero/Uploads/Images/33953364-f81d-4921-acf4-7036.jpg
  • Choose the "iPhone/iPad" tab even if it's a PC and set it to "Send AHRS data to [...] SkyDemon on ONE iPad or iPhone"; enter the IP-Address of the machine running SkyDemon in the first field. I guess it should work on the same machine (in which case 127.0.0.1 will work), but I haven't tested it. Leave the second entry field alone. SkyDemon will listen on Port 49002 by default.

• Set SkyDemon to "Go Flying" and "Connect to X-Plane" and it should all work:
    http://forums.skydemon.aero/Uploads/Images/1d269b47-f40c-4759-a682-35c0.jpg

I am also using X-Plane with SkyDemon on Android, but since the Android version doesn't seem to have a dedicated "Connect-to-X-Plane" option, it is a bit more involved. Let me know if you need some help with that.

Bernd

Edited 8/31/2016 8:37:30 PM by Pinc
Howard
Howard
Pinc - 8/31/2016 8:30:53 PM
Not any more.

Thanks! 
  • Set SkyDemon connect to X-Plane; it just opens a UDP socket listening to any packet arriving at that port.

Not any more.

Thanks! 

Here's the setup that works for me, X-Plane and SkyDemon running on different machines on the same local network:
  • In X-Plane, set up Net Connections:
    http://forums.skydemon.aero/Uploads/Images/33953364-f81d-4921-acf4-7036.jpg
  • Choose the "iPhone/iPad" tab even if it's a PC and set it to "Send AHRS data to [...] SkyDemon on ONE iPad or iPhone"; enter the IP-Address of the machine running SkyDemon in the first field. I guess it should work on the same machine (in which case 127.0.0.1 will work), but I haven't tested it. Leave the second entry field alone. SkyDemon will listen on Port 49002 by default.

• Set SkyDemon to "Go Flying" and "Connect to X-Plane" and it should all work:
    http://forums.skydemon.aero/Uploads/Images/1d269b47-f40c-4759-a682-35c0.jpg

I am also using X-Plane with SkyDemon on Android, but since the Android version doesn't seem to have a dedicated "Connect-to-X-Plane" option, it is a bit more involved. Let me know if you need some help with that.

Bernd

Bernd, you are a genius!  The 127.0.0.1 was what I was missing. Soon as I entered this, we were up and running.
Great stuff.  Many thanks! 

Pinc
P
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
JoFe - 8/31/2016 9:03:24 PM

Bernd, you are a genius!  The 127.0.0.1 was what I was missing. Soon as I entered this, we were up and running.
Great stuff.  Many thanks! 

You are welcome. I have been doing network administration for nearly 25 years, so that should be useful for something Smile

Bernd

Rictus
Rictus
Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)
I've just switched from FSX to X-Plane 11, use Skydemon on an iPad Mini with it. Can connect it all up no problem and navigation is working - but I wondered if anyone knew of a plugin for XPlane that can fake ADS-B transmission to send positions of other Vatsim aircraft to Skydemon?
chloroformaa
c
Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)
Hi ..I tried following the above things ..but can't connect my xplane to skydemon within same PC . There was an existing iP address 192.168.0.1..i added 2 more, one is my PC IP address (through cmd-ipconfig/all) and other is 127.0.0.1 (local host), but still there is no option in skydemon PC which says "use xplane" unlike skydemon mobile which has such an option..
Under "go flying" in skydemon PC , there is an option which says "sync with skydemon mobile" .it asks me to install windows mobile device centre first..but i think even this option will just share routes etc between 2 devices and not mirror the skydemon mobile onto my PC..?..
Is there any other way..?..

Regards..

Attachments
IMG_20231029_100828.jpg (54 views, 130.00 KB)
IMG_20231029_101114.jpg (63 views, 124.00 KB)
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Setup -> Third Party Devices
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search