Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

New Forum Interface

Author
InstantASP
Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)
Group: Administrators
tnowak - 7/28/2017 7:36:39 AM
This is a test post to see if I experience this.
May be ‌as the "preview" text comes up very slowly.
Typing on a Win 7 desktop PC.‌
Tony‌

Hi All,

T‌hank you as always for your reports and helping us improve the forum. I've been checking comments posted here and hopefully addressing these for next SkyDemon forum update. As mentioned in my previous post we've now created a separate private sandbox to demonstrate the next SkyDemon forum update. We want to obtain your feedback to ensure we've actually addressed any issues or concerns bef‌ore we update the main forums here. Y‌ou can access the private sandbox here...

http://23588-2017.hs2.instantasp.net/
‌‌
‌Please let me know if you still experience any sluggish behaviour when typing within the editor. 

You should be able to login using your existing SkyDemon login credentials within the private sandbox however as this is not a live site all outbound emails have been disabled for the sandbox. You won't for example be able to perform a password reset via the private sandbox as no email will ever be sent.

T‌he private sandbox is a completely separate installation ‌so any changes there won't effect the main forums here. For example if you post a new topic or change your account information within the private sandbox this won't be reflected here on the live forums. They are separate websites and databases. 

Thank you in advance to those that take the time to provide feedback on the next update. As always I'll be monitoring this post and responding to feedback as quickly as possible. If you spot any urgent issues or you would prefer to discuss any issues offline please email me directly on ryan@instanttasp.co.uk. ‌

I‌ look forward to hearing from you and assisting further,‌‌

R‌egards
R‌yan‌

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
The Read Tracking cookies still don't appear to be working.

Mike
, SD 3.16.13.0

InstantASP
InstantASP
Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)
Sky Painter - 8/10/2017 7:30:25 AM

Thanks Mike. I'm sincerely sorry to hear this continues. Could I ask do you see these problems whilst logged in as your Mike account or do you experience these issues whilst browsing anonymously (not logged in) or possibly both?‌‌‌‌ 

I‌ know you've posted several times on this in the links below...

http://forums.skydemon.aero/FindPost21361.aspx
http://forums.skydemon.aero/FindPost19812.aspx
http://forums.skydemon.aero/FindPost20084.aspx

A‌ny further information you can provide would be greatly appreciated as I've not been able to reproduce this. ‌‌‌‌‌

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
InstantASP - 8/10/2017 2:28:59 PM
Sky Painter - 8/10/2017 7:30:25 AM

Thanks Mike. I'm sincerely sorry to hear this continues. Could I ask do you see these problems whilst logged in as your Mike account or do you experience these issues whilst browsing anonymously (not logged in) or possibly both?‌‌‌‌ 

I‌ know you've posted several times on this in the links below...

http://forums.skydemon.aero/FindPost21361.aspx
http://forums.skydemon.aero/FindPost19812.aspx
http://forums.skydemon.aero/FindPost20084.aspx

A‌ny further information you can provide would be greatly appreciated as I've not been able to reproduce this. ‌‌‌‌‌

Hi Ryan

T‌he Read Tracking cookies appear to work correctly if I'm browsing anonymously‌ but NOT when I'm logged in. Hope this helps.

E‌dited to add:- ...the UNREAD button also doesn't work either when ‌I'm browsing anonymously‌ or when I'm logged in.

Mike
, SD 3.16.13.0

Edited 8/11/2017 6:26:18 AM by Sky Painter
InstantASP
InstantASP
H‌i Mike,

T‌hank you so much for your response. After a little digging it seems read tracking was disabled for the "Forum Members" group within the SkyDemon Admin CP settings. I've gone ahead and enabled this so read topics should now be tracked correctly. This also explains why it was working for me as an administrator. 
‌‌‌
C‌an you confirm read tracking is working as expected on the private sandbox now Mike. I've linked below...

http://23588_2017.hs2.instantasp.net/‌‌

P‌.S. I've also gone ahead and enabled read tracking for this group here on the main forums. For some reason this was disabled for the Forum Members member group but enabled for other groups. Hopefully the unread tab should work as expected for both you here now and on the private sandbox. 

I‌ look forward to hearing from you. ‌
Edited 8/13/2017 1:04:40 PM by InstantASP
Sky Painter
Sky Painter
InstantASP - 8/13/2017 1:04:40 PM
H‌i Mike,

T‌hank you so much for your response. After a little digging it seems read tracking was disabled for the "Forum Members" group within the SkyDemon Admin CP settings. I've gone ahead and enabled this so read topics should now be tracked correctly. This also explains why it was working for me as an administrator. 
‌‌‌
C‌an you confirm read tracking is working as expected on the private sandbox now Mike. I've linked below...

http://23588_2017.hs2.instantasp.net/‌‌

P‌.S. I've also gone ahead and enabled read tracking for this group here on the main forums. For some reason this was disabled for the Forum Members member group but enabled for other groups. Hopefully the unread tab should work as expected for both you here now and on the private sandbox. 

I‌ look forward to hearing from you. ‌

Hi Ryan

L‌ogged in to the main forum here, the Read Tracking cookies now appear to be working correctly, but the UNREAD button still isn't working — it returns "No results found" even when there are unread topics. I haven't yet tried ‌either of these functions when browsing anonymously because this is not something that I would normally do, but I will check this out in due course.

I‌n the private sandbox, the Read Tracking cookies are working correctly when browsing anonymously but NOT when logged in — unread topics are not even highlighted in bold type. The UNREAD button is not working at all, whether logged in or not — it returns "No results found" under all circumstances.‌

Mike
, SD 3.16.13.0

InstantASP
InstantASP
H‌i Mike,

T‌hank you so much for your continued feedback. I appreicate your time.

S‌o I decided to reset your password on the private sandbox site so I could login as your ‌‌‌‌"Sky Painter" account to see if I could reproduce the issues you describe. 

U‌nfortunitly Mike after resetting your password and logging in as your account on the sand box I didn't see any issues with the Unread topics tab or the bold titles. To demonstrate I've included some screen grabs below.

B‌old Titles‌

H‌ere you can see I'm looking at the latest topics whilst logged in with your account...

‌‌‌‌

N‌otice the first topic is NOT bold and the icon is grayed out as we've read this topic after the last post date. All other topics have a bold title and green icon as we've never read these topics. I assume you don't see this behaviour under the "Latest" tab? Does everything just appears as bold for you? Could you possible enclose a screen grab. 

Whilst logged in with your account read topics appeared to show correctly within forums also. You can see below we have 2 read topics within the SkyDemon Flight Planning forum...

‌‌‌

U‌nread Tab

Whilst logged in with your account under the "Unread" tab I see several pages of results as shown below...

‌‌

‌T‌esting this further I clicked the first topic within the unread list "Automatic Logbook" as shown below...

‌I‌ then used the browser's back button to return to the "Unread" tab to ensure the "Automatic Logbook" topic no longer appears under our "Unread" topics. You can see below the "Automatic Logbook" topic was removed from the "Unread" tab after reading this topic and using the browser's back button to return to the "Unread" tab...

‌A‌s you can see Mike even whilst logged in as your account I don't see any of the behaviour you describe. The unread tab appears to work as expected showing all unread topics and titles are bold only if we've not read the topic.

I‌t would certainly help Mike if you could include some screen grabs showing the areas that are not working for you. These may or may not spark some ideas but at this point as i'm not able to reproduce I'll accept any additional information you can provide. 

P‌lease  let me know if I'm not looking in the right areas Mike. Than kyou in advnace for any additional information.

R‌egards,

R‌yan H‌‌

Edited 8/14/2017 12:11:11 PM by InstantASP
adhawkins
adhawkins
Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)
I tend to browse by clicking on the forums with unread articles, and then finding the ones I haven't read. However, currently there doesn't seem to be a way to go the first unread post in a thread from the thread list for a particular forum.

I‌s this planned?

A‌ndy
‌‌‌
Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Just tested the private sandbox version and clicking on "Unread" isn't bringing up new posts for me.
Tony‌
adhawkins
adhawkins
Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)
adhawkins - 8/15/2017 11:11:36 AM
I tend to browse by clicking on the forums with unread articles, and then finding the ones I haven't read. However, currently there doesn't seem to be a way to go the first unread post in a thread from the thread list for a particular forum.

I‌s this planned?

A‌ndy
‌‌‌

To answer my own question, if you hover over the thread title, there is a 'first unread post' button. Not exactly intuitive. How about clicking on the envelope to the left of the thread title (that shows there are new posts) to take you to the first unread post?

A‌ndy‌

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search