Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

New Forum Interface

Author
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Me too. It's as a result of something I did. I've been liaising with the forum creator about getting some annoying stuff fixed and his advice turned out to be wrong. It's very frustrating and not what I want to be spending my time doing, but I will keep looking at it.
Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 2/6/2017 11:49:17 AM
Me too. It's as a result of something I did. I've been liaising with the forum creator about getting some annoying stuff fixed and his advice turned out to be wrong. It's very frustrating and not what I want to be spending my time doing, but I will keep looking at it.

Many thanks Tim. Much appreciated.

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)
Tim, find myself annoyed every time I log into the forum. The single most annoying issue for me is that I can't jump to my last unread post in a thread. It just makes me not want to visit at all.

I don't know who this guy is who is responsible for the forum interface (well, ultimately it is you). Is he the son of somebody important? Can he be enticed to spend some time on it to do it properly?

This shouldn't be such a pain. Most other forum on the net has this very basic functionality.

Thanks, -- Chris.‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
I don't want to visit it either.

The vendor of this forum software stopped responding to my emails months ago.

I am pretty m‌‌uch waiting for it to disappear, never to come back. We haven't been charged for its hosting recently either.‌‌
InstantASP
InstantASP
Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi All,

I hope everyone is well. I’m sorry I've not participated within this topic recently. As always I sincerely appreciate the candid feedback shared here.

‌‌Whilst I've not responded I have been checking this topic from time to time and adding your issues into our GitHub repository. I've not checked here in the last couple of moths mainly as I've been super busy getting InstantForum 2017 ready for release. We have already hopefully made good progress with many of the comments posted here within the forthcoming 2017 update.

With this update we've been focused on just providing a simple, working high quality forum. You can see our progress so far with our BETA6 update here...
http://demos.instantasp.co.uk/InstantForum2017/

As we are getting closer to release I wanted to reach out to the lovely folks here within the SkyDemon community to ask if any of you would be willing to help us ensure we get the next SkyDemon update just right.

In the coming weeks I intend to set-up a private sandbox allowing those invited to preview the next update to the SkyDemon forum. This will allow us to work together to address your feedback.

I appreciate it's been several months and some of you may have moved on however if you are still willing to help please respond within this topic with the words "I'll help test". I'll forward the private sandbox link once ready for your feedback and work with you directly via the private sand box to address any concerns or issues.

Only once Tim and the folks who help are 100% happy with the private sandbox would we then update the main SkyDemon forums here.

To help manage expectations please don't expect me to respond here within this topic on a regular basis. I'll do my best to check-in from time to time but my priority is to help customers contacting us through official support channels. If you do need to contact me for any reason please never hesitate to email sales@instantasp.co.uk and mark FAO: Ryan. You are guaranteed a response here.

I wanted to thank everyone who has posted feedback. I sincerely appreciate you all taking the time to post. InstantForum is my baby and I take all feedback very personally. Please don't feel your feedback won't be acted upon I may just need a little time to schedule this into an official release.

I look forward to hearing from those who are willing to help,

R‌egards,

R‌yan ‌‌

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
InstantASP - 6/20/2017 1:36:42 PM
Hi All,

I hope everyone is well. I’m sorry I've not participated within this topic recently. As always I sincerely appreciate the candid feedback shared here.

‌‌Whilst I've not responded I have been checking this topic from time to time and adding your issues into our GitHub repository. I've not checked here in the last couple of moths mainly as I've been super busy getting InstantForum 2017 ready for release. We have already hopefully made good progress with many of the comments posted here within the forthcoming 2017 update.

With this update we've been focused on just providing a simple, working high quality forum. You can see our progress so far with our BETA6 update here...
http://demos.instantasp.co.uk/InstantForum2017/

As we are getting closer to release I wanted to reach out to the lovely folks here within the SkyDemon community to ask if any of you would be willing to help us ensure we get the next SkyDemon update just right.

In the coming weeks I intend to set-up a private sandbox allowing those invited to preview the next update to the SkyDemon forum. This will allow us to work together to address your feedback.

I appreciate it's been several months and some of you may have moved on however if you are still willing to help please respond within this topic with the words "I'll help test". I'll forward the private sandbox link once ready for your feedback and work with you directly via the private sand box to address any concerns or issues.

Only once Tim and the folks who help are 100% happy with the private sandbox would we then update the main SkyDemon forums here.

To help manage expectations please don't expect me to respond here within this topic on a regular basis. I'll do my best to check-in from time to time but my priority is to help customers contacting us through official support channels. If you do need to contact me for any reason please never hesitate to email sales@instantasp.co.uk and mark FAO: Ryan. You are guaranteed a response here.

I wanted to thank everyone who has posted feedback. I sincerely appreciate you all taking the time to post. InstantForum is my baby and I take all feedback very personally. Please don't feel your feedback won't be acted upon I may just need a little time to schedule this into an official release.

I look forward to hearing from those who are willing to help,

R‌egards,

R‌yan ‌‌

I'll help test

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

adhawkins
adhawkins
Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)

I'll help test.

Mike McPherson
Mike McPherson
Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)
I'll help test!

ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)
Recently I have noticed very sluggish response to keystrokes in the window you type to compose a post. It's at the point of being almost unusable.

Also, when  I type  faster, the caret cant keep up and the  cursor is positioned  one cha‌racter to the left of where it ought to be.

I am running W‌‌indows 8.1 and the latest version of Mozilla Firefox.

-- Chris.‌‌

Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
This is a test post to see if I experience this.
May be ‌as the "preview" text comes up very slowly.
Typing on a Win 7 desktop PC.‌
Tony‌
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search