Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

New Forum Interface

Author
adhawkins
Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
InstantASP - 8/17/2017 2:32:44 PM
Hi Andy,

W‌e've made progress with your jump to first unread post suggestion - we've opted to use a chevron icon as opposed to the envelope you suggested. Please see screen grab below. I welcome any further feedback. Hopefully we've made this very easy now placing the button right alongside the title. This also allows forum admins to disable the tooltip shown when you hover over topic titles if they find this annoying whilst still offering a jump to first unread post option. 

‌‌‌

‌A‌s you would expect although we've already read the "Automatic Logbook" topic if this topic has had new replies since we last read the topic this topic will appear under the Unread tab as shown below...

I‌ look forward to your comments with regards to the first screen grab and jump to first unread post button,. Thanks again for your time helping us improve InstantForum Andy.‌

Hi,

I‌s this new chevron available in the 'live' SkyDemon site, or only in the new preview version? I can't see it in the 'live' site.

A‌ndy
‌‌‌

InstantASP
InstantASP
Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)
Group: Administrators
adhawkins - 8/29/2017 11:41:55 AM
InstantASP - 8/17/2017 2:32:44 PM
Hi Andy,

W‌e've made progress with your jump to first unread post suggestion - we've opted to use a chevron icon as opposed to the envelope you suggested. Please see screen grab below. I welcome any further feedback. Hopefully we've made this very easy now placing the button right alongside the title. This also allows forum admins to disable the tooltip shown when you hover over topic titles if they find this annoying whilst still offering a jump to first unread post option. 

‌‌‌

‌A‌s you would expect although we've already read the "Automatic Logbook" topic if this topic has had new replies since we last read the topic this topic will appear under the Unread tab as shown below...

I‌ look forward to your comments with regards to the first screen grab and jump to first unread post button,. Thanks again for your time helping us improve InstantForum Andy.‌

Hi,

I‌s this new chevron available in the 'live' SkyDemon site, or only in the new preview version? I can't see it in the 'live' site.

A‌ndy
‌‌‌

Hi Andy,

G‌reat to hear from you. Apologies for my delay. I‌ believe that's only available in the new test site. ‌We do show a similar chevron icon in the current live site for mobile devices but not for the desktop view. Does this help Andy? If you have any preferences / feedback of course please let me know. 

R‌egards,
R‌yan

ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)
Hi Ryan,

I  mentione‌‌d this before but didn't get a satisfactory answer in that the problem still persits and is quite annoying. As I am typing this reply, there is a lag between hitting a key and seeing the corresponding letter appear on screen. That delay is about 0.3-0.5 seconds.Overall, the response to  keyboard input in text-entry windows is veeeerrrrrryyyyy sluggish. Sometimes, when I type fast or delete a couple of letters to correct a word, the caret will end up being wrongly positioned as well.

I am using Firefox‌ on a Windows 8.1 system. My internet connection is fast (fiber optic)‌ and it is definitely not a bandwidth problem.

Any  clues‌?

-- Chris.‌‌‌

Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
I see the same and we are on a poor internet connection...

Tony‌‌
Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Should have mentioned, using Win 7 and Internet Explorer.
Tony‌
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search