Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

link to SUP-AIP

Author
guille
Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
In some cases, within the NOTAM'S informations, there is a direct indication on the map concerning a transitory restricted zone, in others there is only the reference to the sup-aip. An exemple of the first case is the zrt located NE of Cognac, when you click on the icon, the zone appears on the map. In the NOTAM, it appears RA(T)activated On the other case, near Royan, the information is LFCY RA (T) activated, and there is a reference to the sup-aip. The user has to go to the SIA site, and search the sup-aip. Suggestion: could you represent it on the map, as in the first case? If it is too complicated, a second best solution could be just a link to the sup-aip. In this case the link is
https://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/dossier/supaipmetro/SUP_2016_042_FR.pdf
This link can save the time for the user for finding the information in the SIA web site. Of course the first solution is better because one can see the zone directly on SD map. And the zones indicated in the SUP_2016_042 can be activated almost all the time (from the 31st March to the 9th November in this case).
------------
I add one more comment, in the SD map appears the zone LFCY RA(T)  as a circle that covers the real zones, but the one with vertical limits to FL115 is only a small cylinder of 1NM radius. The second one, a polygon, has vertical limits from FL115 to FL 135 ans it overlaps the small one.
Tags
Edited 5/1/2016 5:02:45 PM by guille
Gyro79
Gyro79
Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)
+1

Possible download of SUP-AIPs prior to a flight would be a great addition to SD even for foreign pilots willing to prepare a flight over France :-)

José
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
SkyDemon already offers access to SUP documents in both our mobile and PC software.

Unfortunately it is down to the NOTAM originator how they decide to publish a NOTAM. If an originator is being inconsistent in how they do this, or perhaps they do not realise that their NOTAMs are being used graphically by name pilots on maps, then it's best if customers contact the originator themselves about this. Especially the French. It would be quite easy for SIA to publish NOTAM for each temporary piece of airspace describing each zone separately with coordinate, and the NOTAM would then be graphically depicted on our maps.
guille
guille
Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)
Thanks for your answer.
I did not realized that from the Document Browser it is quite easy to arrive directly to the required document using the search facility. Of course, if the link could be direct from the window of the NOTAM it would be even easier... but it is much better than going to the SIA site and browsing all the SUP-AIP as I was doing... this shows that reading the manual is useful...
I will anyway contact the SIA to suggest them to include the temporary zones in their digital information.
Guillermo
Gyro79
Gyro79
Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)
Hi Guillermo,

Please let me know the outcome of your request to the SIA.
FYI I happen to live not that far away from where SIA is located.
I could pay a visit to them if appropriate.

Stay tuned.
José
egir
e
Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)
Hi,

New user. 
Was not able to retrieve the Sup-AIP on my PC version even after [plates] full download.
No problem on ipad or iphone.

Eric
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
You state "was not able" but you do not say what you tried, and what error messages (if any) you encountered. Without that information we cannot help you.
egir
e
Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)
Well, to be honest, I've tried a lot...

On IOS you can access this information via "Airfields" - "France" - "Supplements". 
On Windows, I've tried "Flight details", "Plates", "Notam" tabs . The Download button of the "plates" tabs allows to download some documents but not the SUP-AIP.

No error message, just inability to get what I want ;-)
Edited 10/10/2016 11:31:37 AM by egir
JanR
JanR
Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)
Try "Document Browser" in the Menu bar. Then "AIPs"=>"France" => "Supplements".

BR
Jan
Edited 10/10/2016 3:52:58 PM by JanR
egir
e
Thanks JanR, that's what I was looking for !
Eric
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search