Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

FONT...size on PC (Version 3.5.0.0 for PC) HELP! my font size has shrunk -(

Author
Biggles
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I notice in the manual that font size can be adjusted on other devices, but this is not enabled for PC and my font size has suddenly got smaller for no apparent reason. While the map scales up or down, the font remains the same size so this feature would be really handy on the PC version - right now my font is frustratingly small - both the menus and the map labels.
Any way I can do this while we wait (hopefully) for the SD team to enable font size change on PC?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Can you post a screenshot?
Biggles
Biggles
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
http://forums.skydemon.aero/uploads/images/3b4fe38e-3fc0-4a86-818f-f667.png

So as you can see (or maybe not!), the font for the the menu headings, ie "Route" "Mapping" "Go Flying" etc are pretty darned small and not alterable. Likewise the text on the map itself (names of towns and waypoints etc). This is using Windows 8 on a laptop. I tried "Appearance and Personalisation > Display > Change the text size only" which works for everything except the SD planner, so it seems this is something I can do only if SD itself has a feature to allow it. It is a bit of a puzzler as the font seems to have shrunk a couple of points all by itself one day. It may have happened when the version was updated or quite possibly I just became aware of it when I used the Windows settings to increase font size in my browsers and thus became aware that this does not have any effect on SD.

Edited 3/11/2016 12:38:23 PM by Biggles
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Sorry, I really do not have a solution for you here. The fact menus are also too small indicates that font sizing in general has changed on your computer, and an option to increase map font size wouldn't really help (except the map, obviously). This is more of a system issue. Have you tried fiddling with the compatibility settings for the SkyDemon app (in Windows) to see if there's anything there?
Biggles
Biggles
I am not sure if this latest version (3.6.0) including a new option to change the mapping text font size on PC is partly as a result of feedback like mine, but I want to thank you for it anyway. It came as a pleasant surprise.
It is a definite improvement. Kudos to you, sir.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
I suspect the problem you posted about is slightly different, but I'm very glad the new text size feature helped anyway.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search