Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Natural Protected Areas Austria

Author
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm going to declare that there is a fine for any pilot flying over my house. Apparently it doesn't matter than my fine has no basis in law. Or does this only work in Austria?
Oliver Voigt
Oliver Voigt
Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)
The police may also estimate the speed of the road traffic, legally in front of every Austrian court :-(
Chris_LSZO
Chris_LSZO
Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/17/2017 2:23:52 PM
So the rumour goes. For a quiet life, I will amend the upper boundaries in our data and see if anyone complains. There remains no legal reason for pilots to avoid the areas at all, though.

Excellent Tim. Thanks a lot.
And yes, if one person fight this out in court, he will win (maybe...). But who want to spend so much money for lawyers and all of this? Nobody...

Chris‌‌

Gerhard66
G
Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)
Some years ago I used to fly with Jeppesen paper charts. These charts indica‌ted the Hohe Tauern Zone.
One year later‌, the Zone was not printed any more in the new charts.
I asked Jeppes‌en and they confirmed the correctness of their charts.
Being aware of alleged really high penalties, ‌I also asked A‌ustro Control in Vienna, if this is just a chart error and if this Zone still exists.
The told me: "If there is no Zone in the chart, there are no restrictions."
In flight, I was curious and asked FIS Vienna. Same answer: Nothing published in AIP - no restrictions.
‌‌
I g‌uess, there is a reason for this "zone" (maybe, there are eagles or other rare animals that are worth to be protected).
‌If most pilots avoid the alleged zone, the rumors have fulfilled the intention. Thats the austrian way ;-)

And, I really would like to know if there is somebody who really payed the "high penalties". Up to now, I heard from people, who know somebody who heard from somebody who had to pay...

‌‌Nevertheless, south of the zone, LIR49A and‌ LIR49B have radio problems according to notam and getting a clearance is not ensured. As you have to circumnavigate the LIR49 anyway during crossing the alps, the zone can be easily avoided, too.

‌I for myself try to avoid the zone.

Edited 6/4/2017 5:10:41 PM by Gerhard66
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search