Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Latest Update

Author
thk008
Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Strangely now working!
thk008
thk008
Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)
Hi Tim

I use Skydemon on an Iphone 6 plus (ios 8.4.1).  In simulation mode, when I select a traffic pattern for an airfield, the app crashes and exits.  

Tom
ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (65K reputation)Too Much Forum (65K reputation)Too Much Forum (65K reputation)Too Much Forum (65K reputation)Too Much Forum (65K reputation)Too Much Forum (65K reputation)Too Much Forum (65K reputation)Too Much Forum (65K reputation)Too Much Forum (65K reputation)
Showing the circuit direction (and dead zone) is a great memory aid and help for positional awareness.

However, I fail to see the benefit of having multiple joins selectable. If I can't fly a 90deg downwind join given the downwind leg and direction I have no business operating an aircraft. And the additional assistance provided by the colorful arrow is minimal and, in my opinion, doesn't outweigh the complexity introduced by a lebgthy menu.

That said, the VRP search function near an airport is a great addition!

-- Chris.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)
Yes, we do plan to have it evolve that way.

I don't particularly want to keep adding joins to the list. The most important thing is the aid to orientation it gives the pilot. I'm sure a pilot can make a 90 degree join to downwind if we are showing a 45 degree join to downwind.
rg
rg
Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)
I use the approach tool on Sunday morning. Very nice. When testing on the ground I thought nothing of it but in bright sunlight I found the white circuit direction arrows a little tricky to see.

Would this feature ever evolve to include airfield specific patterns ?  ie.  non-standard circuits for noise abatement?

tijssel
tijssel
Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)
Chris,

I'll certainly join you in complimenting the SD team with this great product.
I use Skydemon now for more than a year and made long flights, complicated approaches and even flew through the Alps all with the help of SD. It makes flying much more releaxed and joyful and it provides you with the right information at the right time.

Regards,
Tom
ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (65K reputation)Too Much Forum (65K reputation)Too Much Forum (65K reputation)Too Much Forum (65K reputation)Too Much Forum (65K reputation)Too Much Forum (65K reputation)Too Much Forum (65K reputation)Too Much Forum (65K reputation)Too Much Forum (65K reputation)
First off, let me thank Tim and the entire SD team for making an already great program even better. The new features integrate perfectly with the existing user interface and provide a valuable function. This is how it should be with every piece of software!

My personal opinion about the long list of possible joins: I can live without it. Indicating circuit direction is a valuable reminder and aid to increasing situational awareness. At which part of the pattern I will be joining and at which angle is often determined by traffic once I am pretty close to the field. I might have to modify my join to slide into a slot in a busy pattern. This, to me, is overkill, and adding even more special types of joins is not helping, in my opinion.

I love the little airport briefing window because it shows runway orientation, runway length, airport elevation and comm frequencies in one convenient place, right when you need it.

Thanks, -- Chris.

tijssel
tijssel
Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)
I noticed that the new feature of approach options only has the option to join downwind and to join downwind at 45 degrees.
I would expect also a downwind join of 90 degree option which is a common way to join downwind in most uncontrolled fields.

Did I miss something? If not could this option please be added in the next update.

Regards, Tom

Vincent BAZILLIO
Vincent BAZILLIO
Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)
G-OIBM (8/15/2015)
Many thanks Vincent.

You're welcome. And if, like me, you like making your arrival briefing sooner than the default 20 nm set in the app, you can set a maximum of 40 nm ahead :

Vincent B.
(St-Cyr/LFPZ, Toussus/LFPN, San Diego/KMYF)
Check my blog : http://20-100-video.blogspot.com

rectifier
rectifier
Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)
Unless I am mistaken, in the latest update, touching the screen where there is another aircraft brings up 'aircraft' instead of 'other aircraft'. The identifier for the aircraft has also disappeared. Is there a reason for this?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search