Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Updated/improved charts July 2015, disconnected roads

Author
oscarbal
Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello Tim and others,

Let me start by saying the improved and more detailed charts are truly great, and provide enriched navigational support, especially in 'empty' areas. Looking in more detail, it looks like highways and also secondary roads are not always properly interconnected, where they are in real life. As an example I have checked the area around Rotterdam (NL) at a scale of 1:250k and marked the 'disconnects'. Zooming in further, I see the same happening with the secondary roads. I guess it's just a matter of tweaking some conversion tooling to resolve.
I recognize this improvement must have been an huge effort for the SD team, and it's already a big improvement now, with just about the right level of detail for aerial navigation.

Thanks!
http://forums.skydemon.aero/uploads/images/ab969f97-6c6c-4073-8f94-741c.jpg

Tags
oscarbal
oscarbal
Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)
See the same happening in the Germany and France maps

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
We don't currently show sliproads. This is by design, because it didn't look very good. We may be able to revisit this in the future but for the time being, trust me, they are best omitted until we can solve that problem in a graphically pleasing way.
oscarbal
oscarbal
Hi Tim, I had to look up the definition of slip roads, but I understand that now. However, most of the cases I marked as example, are merging/splitting highways (junctions/crossings?) and not really slip roads.
Anyway, it is not a big deal of course, and you have given it a thought of course.

Edited 7/23/2015 11:28:29 AM by oscarbal
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search