Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

DFS AIP download

Author
Yakmarcus
Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
After downloading the complete DFS AIP there are all plates in my iPad and i can use it offline. When i do the download again and checking for updates, all the smaller airfilds are not there in offline mode and no longer shown in the list.
What happened?
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Can you describe the steps you take in greater detail please? I cannot guess from your description what may have happened.
Yakmarcus
Yakmarcus
Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)
Hi Tim,

I download the plates:
Tools - Download AIP
Germany and Download All

After this i have all charts available offline.
When I want to Check for updates I have to do this again and only the updated charts will be downloaded - right?
I do this and it will be displayed
Download complete or so.

After then only the Charts from some bigger Airports were available offline.
All the others had to be downloaded
again during planning.

Mike@EDTG
Mike@EDTG
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
Marcus

something I experienced a lot, regardless whether its my Ipad or android device. All plates are downloaded for offline use & should be usable. Connectivity Options set to "Live Data when Planning" SD gets the latest Notams/Weather data - then I press the "goFlying" button and cut the wifi connection. Walk to the plane ..... switch SD on again & all plates are gone. Or all plates I need for the route are present and I try to add an additonal plate to the panel it states "..you have to be online........" The solution in this case, go online again & in a fraction of seconds all plates are present again! This happend to me a lot....

my workaround - you are online & live data when planning switched on - load the route you want to fly - Plates menu/Document Browser/PurchasedProduct (in my case DFS) - check whether all plates are there -  when the big airports are present only -> go to tools download product... - repeat this step for all the AIS your route needs & you are on the safe side. Finally I switch Connectivity Options to "offline" & go flying. The handling is a bit cumbersome, but this the only way it works bulletproof.....

-mike

Edited 5/30/2015 1:57:33 PM by Mike@EDTG
Yakmarcus
Yakmarcus
Mike,

thanks alot for yout help! I will try your workaround. It sounds to me not very smart to
handle :-) especially when I need a chart inflight, having no internet connection.
For this case its very important for me to have all plates downloaded.
But if it works, it wil be fine for moment.

It seems to me as an not so unimportand bug.
Maybe Tim have some solution for this.

Marcus
Mike@EDTG
Mike@EDTG
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
...this is persistent bug, I am afraid. ;-))

-mike
Yakmarcus
Yakmarcus
Tim will do his very best ;-)
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Can either of you give me some steps which reliably produce this bug? We did have a bug in older versions which sounds quite like this one, but it was definitely solved.
Yakmarcus
Yakmarcus
Tim,

everytime when I do this:

I download the plates:
Tools - Download AIP
Germany and Download All

After this i have all charts available offline.
When I want to Check for updates I have to do this again and only the updated charts will be downloaded - right?
I do this and it will be displayed
Download complete or so.

After then only the Charts from some bigger Airports were available offline.
All the others are no longer there.

Marcus
Mike@EDTG
Mike@EDTG
Marcus,

obviously we are talking about different items. The german part of the AIP which is for free, comprises the big airports without VFR plates only. You need to subscribe to the official DFS VFR plates (59€ per year) to be able to get them via the 'download product' button

-mike

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search