Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Details missing from printed enroute charts

Author
lhe
Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Sometimes roads, railways and waterways are entirely or partially missing from enroute charts printed by SkyDemon. In the attached enroute chart file, you can see that on the first (and likely second) page this information appears to be complete. On the third page it is clearly incomplete and on the fourth page it is almost completely missing. I've also attached a screenshot of the SkyDemon window showing the area of the fourth enroute page -- as you can see all the information is there so this is really a printing problem and not a chart problem.

I've found that the parts of the enroute charts corresponding to the area shown in the SkyDemon window when you enter Print Centre is always complete (or so it seems), while other parts may or may not be. (So when I produced the enroute charts, the SkyDemon window showed the area around the beginning of the route -- it was not what you can see on the attached screenshot.)

I should add that the information is missing already when the charts are shown in the Print Centre, so the problem happens when the charts are generated not when they are actually printed.

I'm using SkyDemon 3.2.1.0 on Windows 7.

NOTE: I could not attach the enroute charts file, possibly due to some size restriction? You can find it here: http://user.it.uu.se/~lhe/flyg/Enroute%20charts.pdf 

Attachments
SkyDemon window.png (995 views, 2.00 MB)
Edited 2/19/2015 4:22:45 PM by lhe
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (619K reputation)SkyDemon Team (619K reputation)SkyDemon Team (619K reputation)SkyDemon Team (619K reputation)SkyDemon Team (619K reputation)SkyDemon Team (619K reputation)SkyDemon Team (619K reputation)SkyDemon Team (619K reputation)SkyDemon Team (619K reputation)
That's a good point. Geographical features are only loaded for the active chart viewport (to save memory) so when printing a long route they'd be omitted except for the area you're actually viewing on the chart. Not ideal, but it's by design at the moment. Depending upon how many people are affected we may be able to change our design somewhat to make printing override this behaviour.
Ray
Ray
Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)
I encountered this problem too. The route I wanted to print was not extremely long, only about 1 hr flight. This makes the printing of enroute charts really difficult. Therefore I would appreciate if this issue is fixed or a simple workaround is published. Printing pages individually would not solve the issue as I want to print two A5 charts on a single A4 page so I can fold them and put them as a backup between my other A5 approach charts.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search