Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Android app not correctly displaying frequencies

Author
GregInMI
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I'm a new US-based, Skydemon user and am trying to learn how to use this awesome application on my Samsung Tab3 7.0 running Skydemon 3.2.0.28307.

I noticed when I was flying into a local, tower controlled airport (KPTK) that the frequencies are just all lumped together without differentiating between ATIS, Clearance Delivery, etc...  Also, there were a few frequencies listed that are not listed on the official airport information documents like 121.650.  The PC app v3.2.0.0 lists the frequencies with relevant identifiers (including the mysterious 121.650 frequency with a GND/S designation).
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
Where exactly are you seeing them lumped together? Could you possibly provide a screenshot?
GregInMI
GregInMI
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
I see this when I select the "i" information teardrop that pulls up the details for KPTK.

When I select the Approach radio button, I see a Frequencies window with UNICOM, CTAF and ON ADMIN entries with frequencies followed by a long list of frequencies without a label.

I've attached the official data page for KPTK so you can see the officially published frequencies.

Also, here are pictures of what I see on my tablet:
http://forums.skydemon.aero/uploads/images/1a7ec04b-b80e-460b-9c60-75d0.jpghttp://forums.skydemon.aero/uploads/images/a284110e-efa3-48cb-a172-63e5.jpg

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
Greg
Attachments
Pontiac_385688_7.pdf (989 views, 174.00 KB)
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
Thanks for pointing this out. We've taken a look at it and determined that they're not appearing because they have no published callsign, only a designator. We've put a fix in place so we always fall back to displaying the designator if a callsign is not provided, and this should now work correctly from the next version onwards.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search