Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Selection of ATIS frequencies

Author
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
In the short term (because we have a chart update this week) that is what we have done. It may be that we can do more, for example to highlight visually the fact that one is in the NAV frequency band, but that may not be necessary.
Patrick
Patrick
Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

Twice, I've run into the situation now that SkyDemon provided me with an ATIS frequency that I couldn't readily tune into because it was lower than 118.000. Back on the ground, I figure now I could have used the NAV box to tune into that frequency rather then the COM radio. In flight, that didn't occur to me.

So it seems that if an aerodrome provides multiple ATIS frequencies (sometimes one of them in the lower freq band), SkyDemon will only present one of them (on the aerodrome information page, and the PLOG). If you check the PDF plates, you will find all frequencies.

I'm not sure if SkyDemon chooses one arbitrarily or what the logic is - but it would make sense IMO to either display all of them, or display one in the higher frequency band (i.e. > 118.000) if available.

The two examples I came across during flight were LJLJ and EDDK.

Regards

Patrick

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search