SkyDemon Forums

Selection of ATIS frequencies

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic13518.aspx

By Patrick - 10/13/2014 10:59:36 AM

Hello,

Twice, I've run into the situation now that SkyDemon provided me with an ATIS frequency that I couldn't readily tune into because it was lower than 118.000. Back on the ground, I figure now I could have used the NAV box to tune into that frequency rather then the COM radio. In flight, that didn't occur to me.

So it seems that if an aerodrome provides multiple ATIS frequencies (sometimes one of them in the lower freq band), SkyDemon will only present one of them (on the aerodrome information page, and the PLOG). If you check the PDF plates, you will find all frequencies.

I'm not sure if SkyDemon chooses one arbitrarily or what the logic is - but it would make sense IMO to either display all of them, or display one in the higher frequency band (i.e. > 118.000) if available.

The two examples I came across during flight were LJLJ and EDDK.

Regards

Patrick
By Patrick - 10/29/2014 12:56:36 PM

Thanks a lot, Tim!

Just checked this for the two examples above and now it's showing both frequencies.

I'd agree there's no more that should be done about this. Providing both available frequencies is just stating the facts - let the pilots choose the one they prefer.

Thanks again and keep up the impressive work! Love how you guys are putting so much effort and spirit into this great product.

Cheers