Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SERA and SD how long will it take?

Author
rosdol
Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Tim and Team,
I have two questions:
1) How long will it take SD to implement all the changes SERA is spitting out this fall for all European charts??
2) Can one of you please elaborate on the georeferenced charts features, and if it is possible to produce my own geo-reffed. approach plate for some of my airports I use every day ?

Thnaks much
Erik

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
What changes are SERA making to European charts? SkyDemon charts will incorporate all changes made to airspace via the AIRAC cycle in the normal way.

It is not possible for you to include custom georeferenced plates in SkyDemon.
rosdol
rosdol
Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)
SERA is changing the geometry and the boundaries of most SRA's/CTA's in Europe - as I understood it. Based on the experience we had with changing some VRP's - which took SD some months - I was a bit nervous about the upcoming changes.
Or are the VRPs not part of the standard AIRAC cycle ??
Thnaks and BR
Erik

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
VRPs are in general published extremely poorly by virtually every country in Europe, sometimes without even giving their coordinates. This might sometimes lead to a delay in implementation to a widespread change in them, but it would very much depend on the country.
Airspace, on the other hand, is in general published very well. We know nothing of the SERA-specific initiative to change large amounts of airspace at once, but I suspect it wouldn't actually apply to many countries. There will be no change to the fact that it'll change on an AIRAC date and SkyDemon will incorporate all changes if and when it happens.
Feel free to give us a heads-up if you see any documentation about timings and charts etc, but I'm sure our normal process will pick them up.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search