SkyDemon Forums

SERA and SD how long will it take?

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic13239.aspx

By rosdol - 9/9/2014 7:30:08 AM

Hi Tim and Team,
I have two questions:
1) How long will it take SD to implement all the changes SERA is spitting out this fall for all European charts??
2) Can one of you please elaborate on the georeferenced charts features, and if it is possible to produce my own geo-reffed. approach plate for some of my airports I use every day ?

Thnaks much
Erik
By Tim Dawson - 9/10/2014 10:37:44 AM

VRPs are in general published extremely poorly by virtually every country in Europe, sometimes without even giving their coordinates. This might sometimes lead to a delay in implementation to a widespread change in them, but it would very much depend on the country.
Airspace, on the other hand, is in general published very well. We know nothing of the SERA-specific initiative to change large amounts of airspace at once, but I suspect it wouldn't actually apply to many countries. There will be no change to the fact that it'll change on an AIRAC date and SkyDemon will incorporate all changes if and when it happens.
Feel free to give us a heads-up if you see any documentation about timings and charts etc, but I'm sure our normal process will pick them up.