Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

DFS AIP Aerodrome Details

Author
alberto
Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
If you can separate the file and divide it in sections corresponding to the specific airfield (like in the italian AIP) this would be the solution. The "%" sign is a telefone symbol in the printted version.
radma011
radma011
Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)
Hi Tim,

yes, this is exactly the information I was referring to. And it definitely contains very important information on flight planning.

Best regards
Manos
radma011
radma011
Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)
Any updates on that or don't you plan to implement these information?
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
I have again asked DFS if they can help us with this. I am hopeful that we may have a solution in the future.
Taunus84
Taunus84
Too Much Forum (398 reputation)Too Much Forum (398 reputation)Too Much Forum (398 reputation)Too Much Forum (398 reputation)Too Much Forum (398 reputation)Too Much Forum (398 reputation)Too Much Forum (398 reputation)Too Much Forum (398 reputation)Too Much Forum (398 reputation)
Tim, that text part you posted is exactly what would be really helpful to see when viewing an airfield's "information" screen. I agree that it is quite unhandy to scroll through the entire document given to you by DFS - though I know it's not your fault that they provide it in such a format ;-). So, even if you could somehow automatically separate that text file you posted into a part for each airfield and just put it somewhere in connection with the airfield without any further effort of making it more readable or pretty ;-), that would - for me personally - already be a great benefit!

By the way - is there an option to view the other parts of the subscribed products (besides the plates themselves, e.g. the AD section we're talking about) in the Web version of SD? I just get it on my iPad - but maybe I'm simply too stupid ;-).

Especially for the iPad, SD is simply a GORGEOUS product - I just got my PPL and I mainly use it for planning (as my cockpit is simply too small to put the iPad anywhere without completely obstructing my outside view ;-)), but even planning is a lot of fun with SD! Big compliment from my side! Smile
jfw
jfw
Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)
Just wondering if my suggestion for the user to upload its own documents and to link them with an airport via its ICAO code would not help (http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic16960.aspx).
This would allow you to print required info you wish and link them to your airport.

Obviously not the best solution (is you would need to keep the info up to date yourself) but a small step in the correct direction ?

Br,
Jf

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search