Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Flightplan does not contain line 19

Author
rosdol
Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi

a recent filing revealed, that the "Endurance" and "PoB" fields show up in the respective fields of the Flightplan, the submitted "verison" did not have these two fields of line 19 in it.

Is this an error in SD ???

br

Erik
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
No. Item 19 is not a standard part of an ICAO flightplan. The email you are sent when you file mentions that Item 19 will be sent to recipients upon request. There are exceptions to this - certain countries DO get sent Item 19 as part of the flightplan - but that's how it works normally.
Herbert_SNKF
Herbert_SNKF
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
Hi,

I had the same issue when filing a flightplan LOAV-LHFM to LOWWZPZX (Austrocontrol / ACG).
I was filing for the first time with SD and so i called the ACG ATS-REP-Office by phone, just to be sure the plan was filed correctly.
They told me the plan is "in the system" but cannot be accepted due to the missing line 19 and has to be cancelled.

We had to file a new plan with the ACG-System homebriefing; worked fine (no surprise).

So i think austria should be one of these countries supported with line 19.

Best regards
Herbert
rosdol
rosdol
Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)
..interstingly enough most of the other Programs like EuroFPL , RockeRoute etc. send line 19 with the flightplan.

As some countries obviously require filing line 19 can you please make an Option to include this - otherwise the fileing fuinction is worthless in Austria. More so cecause SD is one of the Programs prducing FPL files which can be imported into the G1000

Erik
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
I will communicate this to the person responsible for flightplan filing.
ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)
At the danger of stating the obvious...would it not be easier to include Item 19 per default in every flightplan? It seems having it in countries which don't expect it wouldn't create a problem. After all, I can specify it on the international ICAO form regardless of which country I am submitting it to.

-- Chris.
rosdol
rosdol
@ Chris:

I strongly agree - this should be really no Problem to just include line 19 on every filing for the reason stated.

br

Erik
Tags
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
We used to, but there are a LOT of systems which completely break if Item 19 is included. Strictly according to the specification, it should NOT be included. We therefore no longer include it by default, because this does not break systems. As and when it becomes apparent that not only do some countries not break, but that it is helpful for them to receive it, we selectively turn it back on again for those countries.
Herbert_SNKF
Herbert_SNKF
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
Would'nt it be a better approach to implement an option "include line 19" or something like that, which is off by default?
So the user can decide for himself, if he wants to submit line 19 or not.
Once turned on, i would prefer it to stay that way until i turn it off again.
(Should not be unchecked on every new FPL e.g.).

By the way: I assume, very few countries will have a problem if the option is on continously.

Best Regards
Herbert

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
You assume incorrectly. The FPL 2012 changes actually make it expressly prohibited to include Item 19 in an FPL message. There are a lot of systems out there which will break if it is included, and there are some systems which will not process a flightplan unless it IS included. One of our jobs is to make that decision dynamically based on the feedback of lots of ATC units.
It would not help matters to let customers make the decision themselves.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search